Sign in to follow this  
Al-Haji Abtigiis

2007 Somali Man Of the Year

Well, folks. It is the end of the year and I thought time to ask who the 2007 man of the year should be. remember it is not the nicest guy around. the person of the year is awarded in accordance to their contributions to issues in the country bad or good; how frequent they were in the limelight and on the lips of citizens and how influential they were during the year. Here are some of my candidates:

1. Ali Mohamed geedi: former PM

2. Muktar Robow Abu mansoor: Al-shabaab

3. Mohamed Dheere: warlord

4. Admiral Mohamed Omer Osman: ONLF chairman

5. Xaabsade: ex-puntland, now Somaliland

6. Yusuf Garaad: BBC

7. Ismael omer Geele: Djibouti president

8. Ahmed Diriye: ****** elder

9. Sakariye Haji M.: Isbaheysiga Asmara

10. Abdi Ismael Samater: Nationalist Professor

BOB   

Salam Abtigiis this is Adeerkiis who stays few streets from Eedadiis that stays few blocks from Habaryartiis...lol forget about my lame attempt to sound funny and Welcome to SOL my brother it's always nice to have a new member with fresh energy, ideas and enthusiasm.

Secondly...Your list is full of Monkeys and Buffoons...however the beauty of it is that you don't have to agree with me AT ALL Kwa sababu I trust you wouldn't have written some of the names and asked us to vote for them if you thought of them as lowly as I have...My point? it's simple I respect your opinion which is why my vote goes to any Somali man or woman who opposes the presence of the Ethiopian chickens in Somalia in other words give me Ciyaalka Xaafada anytime...all day.

...and that was me BOB, the chief of my clan...reer wiilal iyo waran badan oo ah reer waamo expressing my not so "bright" and "diplomatic" opinion...I know it's not the kind of reply you were looking for...ko hiviyo I promise to try harder next time Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

Your list is full of Monkeys and Buffoons

And Odey-Jijiroolayaal

I would accept Time Magazine voting Putin person of the year, but this

Jacpher   

^That sucked too. iPhone would have been much better choice.

I think the poster edited some names out and added new ones. I would say remove 4 & 7. They're least likely to be described as the "Monkeys and Buffoons" on the list. Why not add Indhacade, Cabdi Qaasim, & Qeydiid to make a little inclusive.

BOB   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

I would say remove 4 & 7. They're least likely to be described as the "Monkeys and Buffoons" on the list.

Do you think I have the guts to call Mohamed Omar Osman a monkey or buffoon? My uncle would skin me alive and I will lose countless relatives and I'm sure few friends and customers who are former ONLF fighters will never speak to me again :D:D but to be perfectly honest apart from #1 and #3 the rest I don't know much about them simply because I don't follow 'Somali Politics' as much as some of you and my comment about of "Monkeys & the Buffoons" is directed at these two simply because they helped the bloody chicken Ethiopians invade waddaanka.

PS. LoooL@ Nuune... :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Nephissa   

2007 Somali of the year: Abdullahi Yusuf, for all his cruelty and inhumanity of the massacre which took the lives of around 20,000 civilians.

"There is blindness much worse than loss of physical sight--the blindness of the heart."

From abtigiis;

Iska ilow ka xun oo ka fiican u codee saaxiib. i can assure you inta qirinriirka TFG ku jirat anigu uma codeyn. laakiin Man Of the Year waxaan u la jeedo waan ka afeeftay. For good or bad. For example Cabdullahi yusuf waa dhiigya cab laakiin waa lagu doodi karaa after all he has shaped Somalia's destiny in the last one year.my choice? Mohamed Omar osman, Abdi Ismael Samater or Abu Mansoor. one of them.