Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

Strangers or Parents?

underdog   

Originally posted by Guardian n Protector:

I once had a man with qaat on one hand advicing me to wear the hijab. heh.

...and would that advice have been more accurate coming from the imam of your local mosque?

You should have thanked him for his concern and in return advised him to quit the drug and make something of his life.

So is it accurate to say that he cared about you enough to ask you to do something right and you didn't care about him enough to do the same?

Gediid   

GnP Maybe that man with the qaat pictured you in his moment of mirqaan looking beautiful in a hijab...No wrong there I suppose knowing how you would look very beautiful in it... ;)

As for VR's boots wat can I say they take ma breath away when ever I see them....that of course matched with a black hijab....Aaah breath taking..... :D

I think most of you are clever enough to steer the conversation in another direction. Children is always a good topic--particularily theirs. ;)

I've always been adviced to become a doctor rather than a nurse---actually lectures. :rolleyes: The only reason I stayed and listen with a smile is because, hooyadii baan ka xishoonayey and I didn't to disrespect them.

It's the thought that counts afterall. However, its those people who say their little advice looking down on your with a smirk, like your a complete ***** , that get my goat. :mad: They are not saying it out of kindess but to put you down and compare you to others in a negative light. They almost have some kind of high from it.

underdog   

Originally posted by -Femme Fatale-:

It's the thought that counts afterall. However, its those people who say their little advice looking down on your with a smirk, like your a complete ***** , that get my goat. :mad: They are not saying it out of kindess but to put you down and compare you to others in a negative light. They almost have some kind of high from it.

I'm sorry you feel so angry at anyone who would say anything to you BUT everyone's not out to get you or put you down or make you look bad.

Is the thought that someone might actually care so foriegn to you? I don't know what negative life experiences you've had but they seem to have successfully turned you into a paranoid skeptic.

You should take a chance and try something new like trust, forgiveness and compassion, you might be shocked at how good they feel.

and would that advice have been more accurate coming from the imam of your local mosque

Good point. Probably. Specially if I was dressed inappropriately around such men. I think its all about timing and appropriateness. Laakin, when I'm shopping, on a high, in the middle of a street full of worse dressed people, thats just being a wet blanket. redface.gif

You should have thanked him for his concern and in return advised him to quit the drug and make something of his life.

So is it accurate to say that he cared about you enough to ask you to do something right and you didn't care about him enough to do the same?

Right again. However, ever heard of charity begins at home. Lead by example. Practice what you preach.

Personally, I'm partial to advice from women. Men should just mind their own business.

I'm sorry you feel so angry at anyone who would say anything to you BUT everyone's not out to get you or put you down or make you look bad.

Is the thought that someone might actually care so foriegn to you? I don't know what negative life experiences you've had but they seem to have successfully turned you into a paranoid skeptic.

You should take a chance and try something new like trust, forgiveness and compassion, you might be shocked at how good they feel.

LOL! This is too funny. I don't even know where to start...but here goes nothing.

1. Negative experience? Paranoid skeptic? :D You are right, you DONT KNOW. Now, where did you get that from? I would rather classify it as an annoyance rather than a negative experience. You are reading too much into the graemlin rather than the post itself, me thinks.

2. Your assuming too much from one little paragraph. How did you conclude that compassion, forgiveness, and trust are foreign to me? Or are you a person who takes everything literally and therefore, bringing my earlier posts and judgement you had about me into this? icon_razz.gif

3. From the last statement I made, I was not talking about personal experience, but what I see countless times happen to my friends or family. Jumping, Jumping, Jumping. Lets just say for arguments sake--that it did happen to me and I freakin pissed off enough to want to smack them-->don't you think that they are the ones in wrong if they are bringing out so much anger in me? Isn't my life my own to live? If one has nothing good to say---they should keep their mouths shut--unless they are really advicing you. But as muslims here---we already know what they are telling us. Are they really adding anything new to what we already know? No.

4. Who made you the psychaitrist of the house? Because your fake little lisence should be taken away...and burned.

Besides---you are taking this LETS ALL LOVE EACH OTHER AND TELL EACH OTHER OUR FAULTS WHETHER WE ARE IN THE RIGHT OR NOT---too far. Are you perhaps one of those people who constantly comment on others lives...because they have no lives of their own?

underdog   

FF,

you maybe correct, I think I'm using previous statements from other post and the graemlins to draw an unfair picture here...for that I apologize.

However,

don't you think that they are the ones in wrong if they are bringing out so much anger in me? Isn't my life my own to live? If one has nothing good to say---they should keep their mouths shut--unless they are really advicing you. But as muslims here---we already know what they are telling us. Are they really adding anything new to what we already know? No.

So what you're saying is that you should be allowed to do what ever you please whenever you please?

and also that knowing the Muslim way is enough and living by it is optional and everyone should mind thier own business?

Well I guess that gives me the right (yes I said the freedom of opinion and speech) to look down on you and belittle you when you demean yourself by doing things outside your faith... and the right to say something to you about it. I'm not claiming to be an expert and I don't need a license. You do what you want and I'll say what I want.

We're not mindless drones, You see something thats not right (in your perspective of course) say something about it. If someone says something about you and/or what you're doing, try defending your position instead of being shocked someone spoke up.

If one has nothing good to say---they should keep their mouths shut--unless they are really advicing

what does this mean? selective criticism?

Try to stay on topic (the topic isn't me)

^^^Neither is it about me. I was talking in general terms, laakin the argument still applies.

So what you're saying is that you should be allowed to do what ever you please whenever you please?

and also that knowing the Muslim way is enough and living by it is optional and everyone should mind thier own business?

No. I think we misunderstood each other. Constructive critism is OK. Fine. Have no problems with that whatsoever--might be annoying to people but they basically know its good adive whether they take it or not. Do not twist my words dear brother...One should tell another muslim if they percieve that they are doing something wrong. After that it is out of their hands---its up to the person to take it or ignore it.

Well I guess that gives me the right (yes I said the freedom of opinion and speech) to look down on you and belittle you when you demean yourself by doing things outside your faith

I hope by that "you" you are being general and not refering to me. I have nothing to be ashamed of nor should my faith be put into question because I said I get irritated by know-it-alls who feels its their right to dish out their opinions whenever they feel like, and whether or not the situation is appropriate.

You do what you want and I'll say what I want.

Thats where we differ..."looking down and people, belittling them, and telling them what I WANT" isn't the right way to go, and you know it. IF you truly want to advice someone, you have to be kind and gentle. How are you suppose to change someone's habits/actions with your kind of hateful and disgusting attitude? Do really think anyone would listen to that? More likely, a person would be turned off by it or even get angry.

Brother, when someone is drowning and you want to help them...that is not the time to lecture them about not learning how to swim or going out in the sea at that time, not wearing a lifesaver etc. You save them first, then lecture them later.

I wonder what you will say about the mechanics, welders, builders and tradesmen?

Legend of Zu, he can't say anything about them until he graduates.

Ppple have no business talking down on other pple's majors when they themselves haven't gotten through sophomore yr, let alone passed the midterms.

Gentlemen, you need to graduate first. After graduation, feel free to have an open forum discussion on certain subjects. Talk openly on how well you have done for yourselves, until then just keep it quite and concentrate on your studies.

STOIC   

people should do what they love to do,i am personally in to the enviromental science/chemistry.I choosed to major in this field because i care about the enviroment.Every morning when i woke up and go to lectures that talks about the atmosphere and why the earth is warming up,i feel like a person filled with enthusiasm for a cause.Did i choose the major because i cared about how much i might gonna earn latter?, no not at all.You have to listen to your inner thoughts to understand what you want to accomplish in your life(if you have any goal).

underdog   

Originally posted by who_me:

intresting arguments going on between FF and UD

Yeah you,

you're about 2 days late...have another drink :D