Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

London: Somali week Festival with Hassan Ganey, Hadraawi and Gaarriye

Nehanda   

North, are your tickets at a resale figure or for bilash?

If the latter, can you be generous and spare two pour moi lovely North smile.gif

Ghanima would you like Ayan, the organiser's mobile number?

Ibtisam   

^^Really, Lady Ayan told me £20 at the start of the week, which I don't mind as long as I get a seat at the front. :D Plus maaxa kuu haayah, he offered! Oh and is that how they dusty their shoulders off these days! ;)

North: One would be good, two would be wonderful! I'm relying on you to reserve my seat in the weekend. :cool:

Nehanda: That lady needs a sec who answers her phone, If you ring 10times you might get thorough once! I keep forgetting and when I do remember my patience is not good.

Today was the only day I really wanted to see.. but I'm so poorly from the flu, cant possibly leave my bed :( .

Romeo in the City seems like its going to be a hit of a play. Enjoy for me Ghamina, and dont forget to get me NGONGE's pic ;)

Nehanda   

I wonder if anyone could recognise any SOL members? ;)

SK- how come you are so tuned to the in&out of this project and yet you are not even in the UK. How bizarre. :confused:

Ibtisam   

^^I recognised Ngonge! and I chased him for a bit to go and confirm, but when I got close enough, he smiled and I changed my mind! I don't think it was him!

Nehanda did you recognise anyone.

P.s. My review will follow! It was a funny event! :D

Zafir   

^While you were chasing NgongeI was chasing you, and when I got close enough you didn't smile, so I changed my mind.

Nehanda   

Oui, I recognise few although some of the nacamleyees at the back who markasta oo Hadrawi said something shouted 'Wa runti' ama 'waleh wa ragisi' bring to mind few pompous people from the politic section.

Ibtisam   

^^Okay where shall I start.

The brother who reserved the tickets for me insisted I get there early to collect them and have a seat as they tent to sale more tickets than seats available. So I decided I'll get there 30mins early. On the way there my camera won't work so I was feeling a bit pissed. When I got there they said we are running an hour late and the volunteers have no turned up so there is no one here to set up/ work... Then I got a double blow, I forgot to change the time on my phone, Sunday morning the clock has gone back, so it was not 6.30 (show was suppose to start at 7) but rather 5.30, pluz they are running an hour late!. .. What to do eh.

Well I thought since I'm here I might as well help out and make myself useful, so I added my name to the volunteers list and started helping out.

The strange thing was no one turned up at 7pm! They all turned up at 7.30, saying have me missed the start, most people were happy they were running late, at 8.00 some people where still running late and the places was not yet full (about 100people where in and seated) I took my seat ready for the play to start.

Then I got a shock, the actors run on to stage, four Asian (2boys 2girls) and a black brother..erm where is the Somali actor I whispered to one of the organizers. There isn’t one she muttered. hmmm.

The play was okay, what was so funny was the audiences reaction. Firstly this old lady at the front was doing a commentary (the black guy as pretending to be a Somali immigrate) so he gets bullied and eventually... (I won't tell u the end in case anyone want s to see it) and she's like "haa siidaas baa meelkasta laan oo diilayah, haal hoogee she says now and then!

Further more when the Romeo pecked Juliet on the lips or a little dance, some people covered their eyes while old men and women said biisinka (At this point I kind of understood why they could not find Somali actors, some people looked like they were going to throw their shoes at the actors) :D

After the play there was some Somali dance and songs for some new Somali sounds and the oldies joined back, by this time I headed home. The young population turned up in full force, maybe next yr they can have a bigger venue. I think overall people enjoyed themselves and there were no fights that I heard of, which is very good considering the amount you dudes that rolled up. The sisters look fab, Somali sisters rock when it comes to dress sense, especially the hijabi combos (borrowed from nomadi) I saw, perfection!.

Nehand did you spot me? smile.gif

Zafir loooool!! Hahaha you should have :D

Serenity, I’m sorry dear Ngonge played hide and seek all nyt because he thought I was going to ask about my promised date! Hence I do not have a picture of him. Sorry next time. smile.gif