Sign in to follow this  
Raxmah

America's Health Care System

Raxmah   

I was surprised by the number of people that are uninsured in America, almost 50 Million. Many people cant afford insurance anymore becuase its skyrocketing and its either health care or food on the table. Its the only developed country that doesn't have a universal coverage for its citizens.

So what do you nomads think is causing this? Do you think America should/could have a universal coverage and why? Shouldn't health care be a right instead of a privilege?

Macalin   

You must have listend to HOWARD DEAN ALOT :D

U ask why america is the only country with no universal, u may also wonder why its the leading economy in the world..pose for that.

Honestly, if we pay for universal health ssytem,we will be payin too much TAX for

Curly   

Hey isn't insurance Haram...you don't know if you'll ever need it so what's the point. Why don't they just make people pay for the health care they get when they need it!

Personally I think if the American government gave a toss about their people they’d set up a free National Health Service (NHS) but I guess they'd rather spend money on wars and kill people than save them!

For goodness sake the they spend over a billion dollar a month on the war in Iraq, so how comes they can’t spare a few million for a free health service that’ll have more benefits and less of a death toll?!

Raxmah   

Yeah Lakkad I was hoping to vote for Dean, but from the looks of it my vote will probably go to Kerry. :D

I don't think there would be a tax increase, just an implementation of the system they have already with all the money they spend on it should really work (Well me think so atleast) or the system of medicare would really do great for their health system.

Opinionated

I know I trully dislike their procedure, but without health insurance imagine how much money we would be paying out of pocket. Yeah I wish their health care system was like canada's.

Megalomaniac

It depends on the kind of insurance you are talking about. I have Health Insurance through my job which is deductibles which I was told isn't Haram.

I know I guess their priorities is messed up big time, you would think since their expenditure on health care was 1.26 trilion in 2002, everyone would have access to health care.

Sakariye   

Think about the money, America is a nation of profit chasers, if you look back to the realility the health care insurance companies pay alot of dividents back to the so called political leaders. If you pay free coverage for everybody who will buy the Premium? the stocks for those companies is going up everyday, I would advice you to buy stocks and collect some of the profit and then pay your medical bills, Dont wait to see Free coverage.