Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Mobile phones

NGONGE   

Everyone carries a mobile these days. It has become as important as clothes or shoes. People show off their latest brand and go on endlessly about all the extra features it has.

A few years ago, people were getting excited about their ring tunes and trying to have the best or latest song they could find. Now they've all calmed down and hearing Missy-bloody-Elliot shouting 'work it work it'(or that 'umbrella woman' offering everyone to come and stand under hers) from some passing teenager's phone is not much of a big deal.

Now you can specify who gets what ring tune and allocate one to each friend or member of your family. This is what I really wanted to talk about here.

What ring tune have you allocated to your wife/lover/girlfriend?

I am ignoring women here. Though I'm generalising, I don't think they're that creative when it comes to this stuff. When their men phone, the husband's name probably flashes on their screen (or if he was in her good books when she was entering his number in her phone, the word 'my baby', 'hubby', 'big daddy' will probably flash on her phone).

Men are different. There are those that don't even know how to program a phone to give each person on their phonebook a different name and ring tune. Then there are those that are complete geeks. The first group probably choose the word 'home' and a normal ring tune. The second group probably have the theme tune to Mork & Mindy and the word Orsen appearing on their phone screen when they get a call from home.

But for most normal men (though I realise I am stretching the point when I say normal) a call from the other half will display more imaginative and varied names.

The man with the roving eyes and history of cheating will probably assign the words Judge Judy and the theme tune to 2001: A Space Odyssey to his wife's phone number.

The henpecked man will probably call her Rose DeWitt and accompany it with the song from the Titanic (the movie. Keep up!).

The angry man will probably call her balaayada and accompany it with a an ironic wedding song.

The submissive man will probably call her wisaarada and accompany it with the national anthem.......

How is home signified in your mobile phone and what ring tunes have you chosen for it?

I dont have specific ringtones (who has the frigging time!), but the names 'Home' and 'Mum' exist on my phone and its reunited my phone with me twice!

Ibtisam   

:D LOOOOOL @ Balaayad :eek: LOOL :D Hahaha

My brother, edo, home, and one other person have “Angel of mine” (old song from Monica) Everyone else is on silent/ vibrate. They are saved as bro4( His had a lot of numbers), Edo, Home, and [name].

Ibtisam   

I don't know what shockes me more; the fact Oodweyne has a phone, or he has a ring tone, OR that he posted in the general section :eek: :D WOW

Khalid, :D

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

^^^Ibti,
Adeer
, you should see me attmpting to chat few fashionista Somali girls with my street wise north london lingo (particularly on Somali weddings, where this kind freshly flowers are to be found); and then nonchalantly asking their digits in turn (particularly when the wife is too busy with in the background with her attempt in helping the newly-wed)...

Man, as they say, you would be surprise to know, that such good old Oodweyne of
SOL
could really have in it him, to pull all of the marriage-able young ladies in the vicinity to his hand (since I will have them eating from my expressive hands..
:D
)

As they say seeing can be decieving, my dearest; and most defintely, internet personae are seriously decieving, to say the least...

To:
Mr. Nuune
; Adeer, Maandeeq, indeed way dhaqaqday...

WOW Add a not so perfect post to my list of suprises today. WHAT is going on?? Are you on a break. redface.gif

MAshallah, yaani ku caawiriyin when they find out you are married. Take it easy atheer, your heartless soul! :D

Ibtisam   

Now I am trying to imagine Oodweyne “the player” [so to speak] :D LOL, How on earth I'm going to read your long serious post now, without the image of 10 little London girls batting their lashes at you, :D

What can I say, a man will always run around in circles chasing women.

Ibtisam   

LOOOOOL @ Oodwyne, Ok okay, I will try to keep up, if nothing else, changing gears is good mind exercises :D I do have to see the "hipster of a young gun-about-town" in action. Do you dump down for them for example, or do you take your case with you and appear important and powerful [which would explain why they crowed around you] Miise you dress smart and stand with your back against the wall, utter under your breath and shaking your head at the sheer beauties on display, your business card in hand, JUSt in case one should look you way and hence giving you the green light to slip out before her and stand by door, she surely will need to go through to go out for some fresh air, or even possibly a lift home. icon_razz.gif

Ngonge, LOL I agree.

Ibtisam   

Nikaan Ngonge meelkast iga xiidey! Everyone is too scared or unwilling to tell me anything because iska jooga! NGonge I am going to sue you :mad: Can you give your word and permission? You are forcing people to go on like an undercover brother and go underground in the world of PMs, disappearing from the face of trolling and speaking to me in public. I want you to stop controlling everyone and jeopardizing my conversation. :cool:

Oodweyne, never mind, let it be so, I have been blessed with the ability to see a mans world and perspective by closing one eye and squinting the other, with this advantage I am able to predict and foresee common behavior and the same tired all practices. This allows me to sit back and watch the show, laughing my head off at beautifully played roles, at times with unexpected scenes and surprises, it never disappoints.

Ibtisam   

You protest too much^ I don’t think you are after a bit of harmless fun. I think you are just setting foot in the market. However luck for you, even if I was to cup my hands over my mouth and shout in my best manly voice [i don’t want anyone to think I scream like a girl dee] and at the top of my lungs; Habloo beware, some serious hunting in progression, they will merely giggle, flatter and throw come hither glances, I doubt any will heed my warning or advise, therefore rest, and have no fear, there shall be no spoiling of fun, and second time victims. They shall continue to fall at your feet en mass, even when the lot of you become toothless old men. :D

I heard a song on Universal Tv last night called "Raagu Naaga Jecela" by Sado Ali, I think she nailed it, from both angles.

NGONGE   

You are a good influence on this young lady, guru. All of a sudden her prose acquired a..erm..err.. musical tint. Could that be construed as a form of virtual simpering? :D

I have noticed others (of the female persuasion) doing the same when interacting with you. Etiquette prevents me from naming any names of course.

** ducks **