Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

I wish you all peace and prosperous year

Ismahaan   

Hello Everybody from SOL. I wish all of you and your families a very safe, peaceful, New Year insha Allah. TO night and all the time is the time to aim high and strive for perfection in all our endeavors. From this moment on I make a conscious effort to not waste time Insha Allah. However, there is something I always have in my mind. Every time a new year comes I always keep in mind that whatever Allah (SWT) has in store with me, good or bad, I will be thankful. If it’s good I will try to maximize it and thanks Allah. If it’s bad, I’ll see the good in it and see it thru no matter what it takes and thank Allah that it's not worse than it is. Well human beings have been given life in this world, as an opportunity to achieve the pleasure of Allah (SWT) to serve and worship Him and to achieve nearness to HIM. So my aim is to obey Allah as my days grow old. Because for sure the one, who relies totally on him and hopes only from Him, will achieve what he wants in this world as well as the Hereafter.

I wish you all peace and prosperous year amiin.

Ismahaan   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

I am not from SOOL, but i get your drift, Happy new year to you too.

Aamiin to your du'a

Legend :D i meant SOL not Sool thanks smile.gif

Mawa   

Originally posted by Ismahaan:

Hello Everybody from SOL. I wish all of you and your families a very safe, peaceful, New Year insha Allah. TO night and all the time is the time to aim high and strive for perfection in all our endeavors. From this moment on I make a conscious effort to not waste time Insha Allah. However, there is something I always have in my mind. Every time a new year comes I always keep in mind that whatever Allah (SWT) has in store with me, good or bad, I will be thankful. If it’s good I will try to maximize it and thanks Allah. If it’s bad, I’ll see the good in it and see it thru no matter what it takes and thank Allah that it's not worse than it is. Well human beings have been given life in this world, as an opportunity to achieve the pleasure of Allah (SWT) to serve and worship Him and to achieve nearness to HIM. So my aim is to obey Allah as my days grow old. Because for sure the one, who relies totally on him and hopes only from Him, will achieve what he wants in this world as well as the Hereafter.

I wish you all peace and prosperous year amiin.

Thats the spirit sis, the road ahead is vey bumpy but try not to give in. you also need lots patience which is the key to sucess in this life and the hereafter.

Amiin to the dua.

Aaliyyah   

Amiin to your du’a Ismahan walaal.

May we all strive to be better muslims in this New Year, and work harder than ever in our Ibadah so Allah (swt) can grant us good things in this life and paradise in the here after Insha Allah.

Aaliyyah   

^^there is nothing wrong w/ celeberating it, if your intentions is to thank Allah swt for all the blessings he had betowed upon you. In addition, asking him to make you a better Muslim and make this year a new beginning to improve your ibadah.

Emperor   

^Intentions or not, my point was whether this is going to be similar to copying Gaalo traditions, if so, it would be Haram...

Surely my knowledge in the religion of al Islam is limited, where is Sheekh Nur... your fatwa.

NGONGE   

Emp,

I am not sure celebrating is the right word to use here. I doubt many Somalis are out singing Auld Lang Syne! But since it is the universally accepted starting point in the yearly calendar, it is understandable that people would wish others to do well in the next twelve months.

Still, like I told Duke on another thread, the only thing I would wish for anyone is stability and the continuation of their current situation!

A colleague wished me a happy new year as we were leaving work and asked me what my wishes and plans for the coming year were, I was stumped! I had no solid plans (I never do) and had no great wishes. I just shrugged and walked off.

Later, on my way home, I thought about it and realised that all I want at this time of year (and every year) is for things to stay the same. We are fortunate (you and I), we live in a peaceful city like London, where there are no forest fires, tsunamis, earthquakes, snakes, floods, civil unrest or war. Life, despite all it throws at you, remains stable. What's better than stable, eh?

Of course, if you happen to live in a place where there is trouble and strife then I wish you the best of stability in the new year.

Emperor   

^Thanks you Sxb, that's one heck of a wisdom, Alhamdulilaah 3ala Kulli ni3ma... Indeed there are many that aren't fortunate enough to live in a stable city.

No planS? NO great wishes? Here I though philosopher NG had a 200 page list of new year resolutions... Perhaps for the first time this year your new year resolution was not to have a resolution for the upcoming year :D

Urban   

Possibly the worst ever new years eve I could have, but still looking forward to this year, which will probably shape up the next 5 years of my life (god willing).

So many plans and targets. 24 hours seem too little these days.

yallah..

NGONGE   

^^ Forget all the other plans and get yourself married. PRONTO.

In fact, you all should, lazy, single so and sos...

Aaliyyah   

^^some of us are too young to get married smile.gif , but that is a good advice. Jazakalaah

marriage will be one of my 2013 resolutions, as for now lemme enjoy being Single icon_razz.gif

Urban   

^You're married, and posting here at 2am. If that's what marriage is like i think i'll wait a bit. smile.gif

Seriously I would like to get married as soon as possible, but I don't think I'm ready yet (financially). After Uni inshallah

How old were you Ngonge?