Sign in to follow this  
SafiaLuuL612

When you hit a crossroad.......

STOIC   

i feel there is sexist attitude and behaviour exhibited by some individuals in SOL (no finger pointing).Nothing is wrong with women encouraging themselves to think before they download those innocent kids we bring to this world(sorry men are responsible too).I think SOL women or girls can encourage themselves to became self sufficient and psycologically independant before they settle for marriage.I personally admire a go getter women long as she doesn't step out of her religion boundaries.

lol   

Originally posted by underdog:

The quality of life you should be planning for and saving for isn't financial, you should be investing in how you can be a good wife and good mother....career planning and money can't buy that.

^^Couldn't agree more....

I don't think there is anything wrong with sisters making careers and planning for their financial independence, however I wouldn't encourage any woman to be a superwoman, for i have the evidence of what that does to women infront of my eyes. Sorry ladies but our bodies aren't made of steel and we can't do the double shifts all life long. :D

As to what to do in between, commit urself in volunteering works. Why don't you go back to SOmalia and help the needy? Why don't you devote few months of your life to the development of your country? In the mean while you can figure out what you want.

Qac Qaac   

oh ooooooooh, Hibo did u say, SORRY GIRLS OUR BODY CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THE DOUBLE SHIFT..... hey hadaba ogaada i didn't say it.

Feminist homeland security soon will come after you..... GOOD LUCK.

JASMIINE   

In taking this topic to another level, i have a question for the guys:

in my observations i've seen somali guys that tend to stay away from educated women even when these women are not " sucessful 35 yrs" as Underdog put it, but much younger girls. So are u guys really sure it is the age, or u just cant handle and educated women?

x_quizit   

Qac Qaac,...ur beyond childish now, i think there's a padded wall and a straitjacket with ur name on it. Since, u insist on every thread u post, whether its relevant or not, to insinuate ur homeland name calling, i got a new name for u and fellow 3 stooges. How does this sound...Ignorant Squad: ur gun=assumptions, ur sword=ignorance, and ur war plan is=hypocrisy.

Finito!

Hibo, feminism is actually the intellectual discourse/consciousness that fights generally for all ppl's personal freedom, and mainly for women. Through feminism, lots of women's organizations have come about, which help women with childcare, healthcare, education, etc...

So, lets not brand feminism for a foe if ur missing the true meaning behind the word. Its not about crazy lesbos waiting to castrate men, thats called a stereotype, and im sure ur bright enuff to see that. And contrary to popular myth/belief, men too can be feminists, such as the founder of feminism, a MAN, can u believe it? and a muslim man at that, Qasim Amin, an Egyptian who stood up for women's rights, and called for the implementation of the sharia in womens lives that so many so called muslim countries neglect to give their women.

So, if u choose to be a traditional, great for u, but I know plenty of women who are "super"moms , many not by choice. What will u do when by chance ur husband may not be around to take care of u, maybe death or divorce, how will u provide for ur kids? So i say to the sistas, go on with ur education, and marry when u are financially secure, because God knows when one day, when bringing home the bacon might be on ur shoulders.

cheers!!

underdog   

Originally posted by JASMIINE:

i've seen somali guys that tend to stay away from educated women . So are u guys really sure it is the age, or u just cant handle and educated women?

Your question has been asked before and as always the question is vague.

I need some clarification on a few things first,

Define:

- Stay Away

- Educated women

- Handle

Whats the source of information? Because I think you'll agree that if a group of single "educated" women with zero people skills get together to ponder the situation, they MIGHT come up with a biased conclusion.

Are you speaking from personal experience?

How sure are you it's education and not halitosis or lack of personal hygiene that led to the "stay away"?

Clarify your request and I'll be more than happy to give my point of view.

La-y-La   

excuse me laakin dadkiina waa iska hadashiin walaahi, didnt nabi (scw) marry khadija (ra) at age 45 or was it 40, i dont know, but the point being marriage and da' got nothing to do wit each other.

idinka lee ceeb kadhigtiin in ay gabar ku guursato at an older age.

besides, do people really know the pressure that is on somali girls to be something. wallahi some of the girls that I go to school with have to support their families back home. I know u gonna jump and say alot of people do support their family back home, but just think about when that girl gets married, who is gonna suport her family.

They have to make something out of themselves, idinka reality ba maka fikirtiin.

marki la'arko ya'all jump to the conclusion. besides y does it bother you guys if a girl doesnt wanna get married at a young age, I mean you aint the one whos gonna marry her, so stop the bull*shiiting.

asalaamu aleykum

Tuujiye   

waraada dhexdaa la idinka salaamay.

finaly Gabar wax fahanta aa soo gashay meeshaan yaaqee.MARYAN well said walaalo. The only person who makes sense here.

Opi..lol wlc back walaashiis..I missed you lol..

Like the new nick. Sis me and Qac'qac are not the same person we just share the same view, as well as others in here. I could make the same comment about you and these other girls like X,Raula, DND. And here in Ottawa everything is beautiful so don't you dare say something about it. We have the most well educated girls and guys, we have no crackheads like in t.o and winserd or should I say ditriot. But we stil love you thue because your our sister in somali and islam lol...

X finaly tnx for telling the truth that you are feminist I could actualy respect you now. But sis don't mix feminism and the views of women in our religion. don't connect the two by using what they have incommen because feminism is against the religion sis. Ama waakas intaa isoo qoute gareesid sanka iga soo geli waa lagugu yaqaanayee..lol..

Hibo maamo meeshaan faduulis kii ahaa aa la igu wadaa nooh. Opi Inta xataa wee idaba socotaa nooh.lol...

waraa UD qaskaaga meeshiisa kawad saxiib tii kugu daacsatona ku dhuus..lol..iga waal aa ladhahaa alaabtaas..

Qac qac, kaalay adi Ciidankaan kuu kulul maa qawoojisid yaaqee..

waraa honestly I LOVE YOU ALL and qaska meeshiisa kawada no personal feelings yaah..

Saalixa   

safia sister,

every second of your life counts,,, it is soooooo precious and cannot be wasted. Have you ever ended a day and asked yourself what you have done? Sister start planning for the future,,, spend every sec of every min with the rememberance of Allah

Dikr

and Dhikr

And more Dhikr,,,

I have been through bit of that phase, but alham dullilah with allahs help got out. i got to the stage where i realised i wasn't benefiting. Every new day i got up- no difference, partying git turned me off, it was just waste and waste and waste. everyday

but sis when you start goign to the mosque with your free time to listen to a qudbah( lecture),,,you feel you have only benefited, not wasted. And once you start, you see your future and direction. Everyday is a new day and a CHALLENGE!!!

QA QAAC solution perhapes ain't so baad. Marriage is a bliss, blessing from god and youngsters these days gave a it a different deffinition.

I hope you will stop partying,,,and start planning. Marraige isnt the only other thing to worry of, life is full of other oppurtunities, its up to you to look for them.

take care and Allah be with you.

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

Opi, seriously i didn't understand what the hell u just said.

K, now are you telling me that you can't speak basic english. I said "I don't appreciate being called a feminist in a thread that I haven't yet had the chance to participate in." get it?

Originally posted by Qac Qac
Princess Sexy... another soldier in the feminist homeland security led by Opi and X...

Then....

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

all i understood from was don't call me feminist. we are not. your actions are calling u to that...

Hmmmmmm, maybe you should just stick to Somali? How about that...

:cool:

Gosh, these people!

Senora   

We have the most well educated girls and guys, we have no crackheads like in t.o and winserd or should I say ditriot

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...tell this to people who never have or never will visit Ottawa.....

Qac Qaac   

X quisit, Bravo for admitting that u r a feminist... GOOD FOR YOU.. finally.

but sis if i didn't know the history of FEMINISM, i would believe what u just said, the founder was Egyption guy, who wants to put the shariica on women.. what is that carbage..

1. feminism, started by a lesbian woman.. it is not stereotype. she was frustrated with man, coz she couldn't get the ideal man for her... and her frustration changed into MAN HATING... they come out to protest women's day, so they could pick ladies... and there are many books, and movies that a normal mother, single mother joined the feminism group, and she talked about how they convert her to lezbo...

don't bring femenism in islam. because islam gives rights to woman, man, animals, plants, environment. oceans... everything. islam is not one narrow minded street... u can't run for justice of ppl, when u only want good things with only half of the humans, woman. what about the other 50%... that is lecture # 2...for u X..

Opi, sis by changing your name, do u think, we won't know u. we would know you because u have the most ugliest opinions in the somali online. i actually appreciate if u live rest of your life in the west.. so that u don't bring your twisted mind to our homeland Somalia.

stick with somali... looooool. atleast i could speak, read, write 2 languages, what can u... i thought i supposed to be ignorent...

so peace co-captains of the femenist homeland security...

Maryan the prophet married Aisha... at 9... so what is your point.. don't just tell us how khadija was 45 when he married her... do u know khadija's first marriage how old she was...

there is many hadiths of the prophet where he adviced the young ppl to marry each other at young age... but nowadays we know better than the prophet scw... and we decide to marry latter when we finish our education.. and go to this fitnah in universities.. and remember zina is haraam. so what happen to the muslim ppl. they all do zina nowadays. because the system for kufaars or gaalo was to have a girlfriend/boyfriend on a side, and go through university for those 4 or 5 yrs.. with your partner... i guess. that is why somalies nowadays are frustrated and are obsessed with relationships...

now i expect the homeland security to come after me again...

x_quizit   

LMAO!!!! Qac, Prez of Igorant Squad, yet again ur entertaining me with ur futile half brain thoughts. Bless ur miniscule brain. What a load of crap, feminists are lesbians? Pls do some reading ASAP, b4 jumping to conclusions.

Man, the more I respond to you, the lower my IQ gets. Sorry for ever entering into any sort of discussion with you, u are obviously not equipped with debating tactics.

Peace

lol   

X: First of all you need to loosen up seriously sister.. no offense just an observation. Secondly, we all know what feminism is all about and if you read my post right, you would notice that I haven't mentioned anything about feminism.. I was being silly with my brotha QacQac and actually that itself even doesn't deploy feminism as a bad thing. So don't be on the offense with us GIRL... we are all after the same thing.. but in different ways.. ;)