Sign in to follow this  
SafiaLuuL612

When you hit a crossroad.......

Tuujiye   

Aqas pearl you spoke again with out any intelligent.

Is that all you know? calling people stuuupid, hypocrite, body gourd, names names..

And they happened to be men.

You need to stop being feminist because you are giving them a bad name. At least they are educated and they could bring facts and proof some points. But don’t worry I will prey for you.

Princess you are right sis not every girl is feminist. But this one and two other girls if they are not all the same person with different user names, are 100% feminist with no education what so ever.

Waraa qac’qac gabartaan wee kaa laad laadaa iska fuji nooh.

P.S. Underdog you would make a good couple with pearl or the others..lol..

LoL @ UD...Good to see you back and in full fighting mode. I have a feeling inaad si fiican noogu soo nasatay. Amazingly enough, I missed your backward ways. I kno...can't believe it either. :D

The only man who wants to marry a successful 35 yr old woman is an opportunist who couldn't build something for himself.

Ah..bless the young. Darling the days of marrying a little girl barely out of puberty are OVER! Not entirely because doing so in these countries would get you slapped with a statutory rape charge faster than you could say 'naa xaliimooy', but because Somali women have wised up. There are enough women around who were married off at 14, who dont want the same experience for their daughters.

Now, for some 'dheylo jecel' faaraxs like you, it may be difficult to accept that a girl may want more for herself than being stuck within four walls with bloody kids screaming in her ears day in day out, that they may want to engage with their community, educate themselves, use their skills and take their place within society, but that seems to be the trend for this generation. Might as well get used to it deary. Then again if its too much, not many things have changed back home, so you could always pack your things and migrate. (I think that might be very pleasant...being the king that you are, u surely deserve a worthy queen). ;)

As for getting married after 30, marriages occur and can occur at every age. Think about it...how many of your female relatives married or re-married in the last few years? And Am sure they are not all 19 and 20. LoL...believe me sugar, there's a market for every age. The last three meher's I attended, were second marriages and the brides were not blushing virgins. Anyway, I doubt you speak for the majority. Not every man wants inan yar uu maskaxda ka gumeeysto.

There's nothing wrong with marriage and kids, but you guys need to stop using them as an excuse to keep young girls pregnant and illiterate. :rolleyes:

*Please God, keep me away from little control freaks*

underdog   

Bee,

Captain Caveman tried "turning the other cheek" but there was no fun in that.

"statutory rape" maatiri? xisaabtaada shaki yar aa kujiro. Ciyaal 14 jir ah iyo islaamo 30kii kor udhaafey, wax udhaxeeya male miyaa? Misee suaashi SafiaLuuL aa isku xisaab tihiin. the party and "have fun" phase is out of the equation???

Ma R Kelly aad imooday?

The ideal target age is 19 to 28, after that women "TEND TO" get bitter and "SOMETIMES" xishoodka aa kadhumo.

Back to the matter at hand, I like how you can throw a curve ball, DnD, but I'm not against education and expansion of person intelligence, I doubt I ever said anything to that effect (besides, I don't want interpret and explain everything when we're all curled up on a cold night watching "indecent proposal").

What I don't support is absentee mother who too busy to be the educator to her child and companion to her spouse. You're right about one thing, I don't speak for the majority, as a matter of fact I don't speak for anyone else. Idhaafsii all the hustlers and pass me the damsels.

Qac Qaac   

Underdog looooool. i agree, i should get some tips. coz it looks like i am a target like u now.

Princess Sexy... another soldier in the feminist homeland security led by Opi and X...

Dispondent come on now... i hope u don't think. marrying young girls are bad... look sis who could marry these girls here... who wants to argue everyday and night. who would have a woman who confronts all the time as a woman... the attractiveness of the women, leaves away when they confront... now i wait, for some more attacks.. in the name of self-defence, and not femenist...

x_quizit   

lol@DnD, princess &Pearl, well said. Couldnt have said it better myself.Hey, we must all be neo-nazi feminist huh? since we dare to confront/talk back to the "man", gee, we must all be lesbians with bald heads.

I swear, QAc loves me, man i'm blushing, everywhere i look, he's talking about me, thxs for those lovely encouraging words, may God bless you for your guidance. May I one day find a man that is not threatened by a headstrong opinionated woman, and hopefully, he wont need to switch from his macawis to a dirac. Can i get an amen?!

Anyways, some of u have strayed from the topic in order to reinforce ur own thoughts and ideologies, which is all up to u, but pls refrain from generalizing.

So, when ur done ur education and have no use for partying anymore, how about focusing on ur career, either getting one started or seeing what field ud like to work in. After that, get a hobby, whether its travelling or anything else that interests you, see the world, maybe go to Hajj, 'cause some things are easier to accomplish while you are still single. Also, take this time to get to know urself, plan for your future and how you would like it to end up to be, whether it is determining what type of mate you'd like, what can you offer them, get in touch with more of your deen, cause we all need it, etc....basically expand your horizons.

Some ppl are overlooking fate, meaning that only God knows when one will get married , if at all, and how many times, etc....so don't look at ur biological clock ticking, its all in Gods hands, who knows if some of us might even be able to bare kids. Get married when ur mentally, emotionally, financially ready, otherwise, you may not bring to the table all u can offer which might make a less than fruitfull marriage. Anyways, im wishing u good luck, and hopefully, find ur way in this transition period ur in.

Adios!

Senora   

It's not WHO critizies us it's WHAT the critizism is about.

I beg to differ..if it were a guy speaking on behalf of women, i really doubt that he would be labeled as a feminist... so don't tell me that the fact that these are women isn't a component of the argument...look, i agree that it mainly is the "criticizm' that they're arguing about...speaking about social, and economic advancment does lie under the feminist category..

in the name of self-defence, and not femenist...

you make it seem as if those terms aren't interelated....SOME of the times, these women are addressing some of the statements made that oppose the underline factors of feminism...so they defend their stand on it...you see how their canbe related?

but i think the reason I'm a little bored( and rather annoyed) about this argument is because of the negative attitude towards feminism....i support the ideology that advocates the granting of the same social, political, and economic rights to women as granted to men...but don't go downplaying this idea with the tarnished feministic ideologies that exist today...

UD.....i can't belive that you would even denounce the idea of choosing to focus on a career rather than start mother hood when your 19-29 years old...who are you to classify what someone chooses as their life path as right or wrong??

What I don't support is absentee mother who too busy to be the educator to her child and companion to her spouse

I dont support this either, but what i find a little more discouraging is the assumption that i have that you dont support women who choose to be independant.....

Senora   

Oh and SafiaLuuL612.....how about going to school? Getting your masters if you've already finished the four year program...if i could recommend, study abroad...and expand your horizons

underdog   

Originally posted by Princess_Sexy:

UD.....i can't belive that you would even denounce the idea of choosing to focus on a career rather than start mother hood when your 19-29 years old...who are you to classify what someone chooses as their life path as right or wrong??

but what i find a little more discouraging is the assumption that i have that you dont support women who choose to be independant.....

From the get go I said I speak for no one but myself. Yes, I think there's a dangerous trend of pursuing a "career" (<--I need your definition of that)when you're in your prime. I think you have all your priorities mixed up. You're obsessed with superficial achivements that sacrifice the little time that you have.

While you're focusing on youe "career", who's focusing on your maternal skills? or do those not need any work? they come naturally right.

It's very evedient to me now that you're very young in age, PS. You sound smart enough, why don't you go ask women in their 30's what the deal is. Or maybe they're "old school" too and time have changed. Like the say "Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it". Nothings changed.

But you have your mind made up and my opinion is not changing. So good luck, hope you see the light sooner rather than later.

p.s. Independant women don't need my support they can take care of themselves. I'll save my support for the women who understand they're not an island.

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

Princess Sexy... another soldier in the feminist homeland security led by Opi and X...

I don't appreciate being called a feminist in a thread that I haven't yet had the chance to participate in.

I have a strange suspicion that Qac Qac and Garab are one and the same :confused: Either that, or y'all attached at the hip at every thread. If you think we are feminists, I dare you to say half the things you say here in OTT, and see the response you get.

underdog   

I don't appreciate being called a feminist in a thread that I haven't yet had the chance to participate in.

Having a rep the invokes preconceived biases can be such a b!tch, wouldn't you agree, Opi?

by the way, whats OTT and where do I sign up?

You kno, I completely forgot to address the original topic...damn UD and his side-tracking comments. :mad:

SafiaLuuL...

Thought about learning more about the religion? There are lots of Islamic courses, talks and seminars everywhere and they are always very interesting. You could also develop further any hobbies you have. Or you could get involved with community organisations and volunteer your skills and expertise to those who need it.

I find it slightly surprising that you devoted so much time to partying that you now find yourself at such a loose-end. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?...maybe partying stands for lots of things that dont involve just going out in the evenings here and there? :confused:

Underdog,

No, no, no...Captain caveman shouldn't attempt to 'turn the other cheek'. Its no fun hadii kale. By all means, give it all you got. :D

I wasnt implying inaad paedophile (i.e. R Kelly) tahay...heaven forbid! redface.gif

I was just following your example, since you said over-30 (which I thought was a definite exageration), I said 14, which is an exageration, although am sure many blokes wouldn't mind shacking up with a girl that age.

Now I have to entirely disagree with this comment:

The ideal target age is 19 to 28, after that women "TEND TO" get bitter and "SOMETIMES" xishoodka aa kadhumo.

I think you definitely have the last part wrong. The older one gets, the more ey xishood badan yihiin and the younger one is, the more mannerless and cultureless they are. Do you disagree?

I dont know much about the bitterness. Essentially, every woman wants a man she gets along with, yes? One who would be a good husband and a good father. The younger the woman is, the more hasty she may be in marrying the wrong person. Often these hasty matches dont work out and the couple separate. This is when a woman may become bitter as she's not about to make the same mistake (i.e. marriage) twice. On the other hand, an unmarried woman in her 30s will still be looking for a worthwile partner. And as she waited this long, she's not about to settle for any faarax and by this time am sure she's learned a great deal about what breaks up a marriage from all her friends wrecked unions. Now, does that make her bitter? I dont kno. But I think she'll probably make a more committed, more compromising wife than any green 20-year-old.

Also, this a little off topic, but I always see you talking about "absentee mother who too busy to be the educator to her child and companion to her spouse.", yet I never see you addressing absentee mothers who cant do any of the things you mentioned, not because they are selfishly persuing their own careers but because their husbands died or abondoned them long ago and they have to put food on da table.

Or is that not mentioned because the woman always has government support to lean on if her husband doesnt support her and the kids? I suppose that would take the onus away from the man. When the husband is there, the wife has to be at home taking care of the kids and household chores, but when he gets tired of her and her 5 young kids and wants to give a younger, prettier model a try, he can be on his merry way without any guilt or remorse because her fortnightly benefit payments will take care of her and the kids? Nice if u can get it, right? What a bloody great way to live!

Again apologies for going off track. Am suddenly thirsty. :D

Qac Qaac   

kaalay distillusion & dispondant adna maka soo qeebkashay kuwa qeelada badan... laakiin atleast u make sense..

Opi, seriously i didn't understand what the hell u just said. all i understood from was don't call me feminist. we are not. your actions are calling u to that...

Senora   

It's very evedient to me now that you're very young in age, PS. You sound smart enough, why don't you go ask women in their 30's what the deal is.

I'm wondering whether you would've assumed that i was much older had I said what I planned to do with my life?...Don't confuse what I support to what i believe...The older women in my life regret that they focused soley on marriage and family. My own mother wished that she was able to go to school and start up her own business..she doesn't of course regret her children, so don't mistake this...these are the same women who encourage me to focus on an education and career...

i prefer starting a family as early as i can, as opposed to focusing soley on building a career, but on the other hand, i respect those that believe otherwise

so you seem smart enough, why dont you listen to what those who hold opposing views have to say and be a little more understanding

Faheema.   

Or is that not mentioned because the woman always has government support to lean on if her husband doesnt support her and the kids? I suppose that would take the onus away from the man. When the husband is there, the wife has to be at home taking care of the kids and household chores, but when he gets tired of her and her 5 young kids and wants to give a younger, prettier model a try, he can be on his merry way without any guilt or remorse because her fortnightly benefit payments will take care of her and the kids? Nice if u can get it, right? What a bloody great way to live!

Child support rings a bell but no matter how loud that bell is most Somali men are partially deaf...funny isn't it :rolleyes: Waaba dhig oo dhaqaaq.

Qac Qaac and Co.

Bal maxaa idin xiijiyey and what's with the hostility?

These days the animosities which is continually springing up among Nomads might just turn into a Cyber bloodshed . :D sh!d...Take a chill pill and stop taking everything so personal. ;)