Sign in to follow this  
Maf Kees

KING KONG!

Maf Kees   

Finally we daanyeers get the recognition we deserve.

:cool:

http://www.kingkongmovie.com/home.html

800x600_01.jpg

Check out this guy getting all emotiona, while giving his take on the movie. That's more proof about the quality of this film, than knowing that it's directed by LotR Director Star Peter Jackson.

30 out of 56 people found the following comment useful:-

"King Kong" is a roller-coaster of emotions.....truly the eight wonder of the world...., 7 December 2005

Author: agentmatheus from Brazil

One of the most anticipated movies of the year is, finally, about to open. Opening worldwide December 14th, "King Kong" is about to become a hit. The acclaimed director of the "Lord of the Rings" series, Peter Jackson, resurrects a legend, an iconic figure. Nostalgic fans will not be disappointed. Audiences looking for action, amazing effects, and adventure will leave theaters satisfied. "King Kong" is not only a roller-coaster of emotions, but it improves some parts of the original and is one of the- if not the- best movies of the year.

What "King Kong" has that no ordinary blockbuster can ever have is that nostalgia sense, that fits the magnificent story just perfectly. It's 1933, Great Depression, and director Carl Denham (Jack Black's best role) needs a hit. Looking for an unemployed actress who will fit a role made entirely for her, he finds- rescues, actually- Ann Darrow (Naomi Watts, brilliant), a desperate actress that is found by Carl stealing fruits to eat. On board the S.S. Venture, Ann meets Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody, great in the role), the screenwriter of the movie, and they both fall for each other. When they reach Skull Island, they find more than what they bargained for. Dinosaurs, insane habitants, giant insects, and a creature feared by all creatures living on the island: Kong himself.

If you think about it, the chances of "King Kong" to go wrong are almost none. This movie features more laughs, more action, and more drama than the original classic. This is the ultimate remake of "Kong", for it surpasses the original. If you enjoyed the 1976 remake, then you're in for a spectacular treat. "King Kong" is born legend, and made history.

The actors in the movie are nothing short of spectacular. Jack Black is perfect, melancholic and mad in the role of the director. Adrien Brody is equally great, providing one more dense interpretation to his career. Naomi Watts is magnificent, recovering herself from the failure that was "The Ring 2". But Andy Serkis steals the show. Not by Lumpy, the charming cook, but by Kong, the mad creature. Using the same techniques he used to create Gollum, Serkis shows us a human side of Kong, open to errors and to sadness. His expression gives Kong the title of most realistic creature of cinema. Kong is a lonely creature who finds in Ann Darrow the hope of a true love. "King Kong" is more of a romantic tale whenever Kong stares at Ann. I never cried in a blockbuster, action packed movie before, but "Kong" is an exception.

The effects are perfect. The WETA team have perfectly created the most jaw-breaking scenes of this century. "Kong" is like "Jurassic Park" meets "Titanic". The creatures are incredible, but Kong himself is worthy of applauds. There are some frightening scenes, but nothing that couldn't get "Kong" out of the PG-13 rating, which will certainly attract teenagers. "Kong" is a loud movie, a mixture of horror, action, drama, adventure, and romance, all of them in their most perfect form.

Perhaps the biggest obstacle in Peter Jackson's "Kong" is the memory of the 1933 classic. How could he make a 1 hour and a half picture become a 3 hour spectacle? Luckily, Jackson is the right man to the task. The first hour is an introduction to the characters, but it is still superb. When the action is thrown in, then the cinema becomes an amusement park. The scene where Kong fights a T-Rex is one of the multiple highlights of the movie. Kong discounts all his rage in a furious T-Rex, ready to attack Ann. It is hard not to be impressed by this scene, which is born classic. When I saw Kong climbing on the Empire State Building, I felt a tear wanting to come out of my eye. It demonstrated that this "Kong" was made right, and does not ashame the classic in no way. The photography of the movie is marvelous- Skull Island is a beautiful jungle, while the 1930 Manhattan is perfect. "Kong" has been released at the right time, ready for the Oscars, and ready to wish us a Merry Christmas.

Peter Jackson has once again created a classic. "King Kong" is nothing short of perfect. He shows once again he's a wizard, a genius ready to put his thoughts into action. Adjectives escape me when I try to describe the experience of Peter Jackson's "King Kong", but I know one thing for sure. There's nothing better to end the year with the eight wonder of the world. This time not referring to the giant ape, but to this magnificent, vivid, and heart-wrenching tale of the beauty and the beast.----10/10

Oh

Oh

Oooooooooooooooooooooh,

I can't wait! I really really can't wait to see this. I cry myself to sleep sometimes, because I can't wait anymore.

*dreams of a life of servitude to Peter Jackson*

^Lol

Xu;What could you possibly find great about this movie?

Besides the special effects;what could you possibly gain from a primate???

My guess is that since you are a film student,you are probably attracted to the special effects(!)

Nailah   

The concept of King Kong is quite debatable. Some argue that the ape resembles modern day black males and their pursuit of white women. Similar to black history, the story depicts King Kong as an ape that was captured in the Jungle and brought back to "civilisation" in chains. And like many black males of today, King Kong is shot down by police. Very subtle if I may add.

Nevertheless, I won't be making a trip to the cinema this time. I dare not flatten my derriere by watching a long, pointless movie.

Castro   

^ Interesting. I never thought of it this way. I was not planning to see it for it's a trivial story but now I have an even better justification for avoiding that crap.

Khayr   

Salamz,

Originally posted by Nailah:

The concept of King Kong is quite debatable. Some argue that the ape resembles modern day black males and their pursuit of white women. Similar to black history, the story depicts King Kong as an ape that was captured in the Jungle and brought back to "civilisation" in chains. And like many black males of today, King Kong is shot down by police. Very subtle if I may add.

Nevertheless, I won't be making a trip to the cinema this time. I dare not flatten my derriere by watching a long, pointless movie.

GO ....Go....GO...Afrocentric black powaaaa movement...tell dem jive talking people the 'REAL COMMENTARY' on this film :D

Just because it is 3hrs long and directed by Peter Jackson are good reasons for me to watch.

In dhayaarta aan uu dhucayno bal filmka xaa noo doobaan seedhaan oodhawano! smile.gif

Mowgli   

They made my favourite childhood book into a movie!!! The Chronicles of Narnia: The lion, the witch and the wardrobe...can't wait to see it :D

uchi   

It was in my must see list, as soon as Peter took the contract years back.

On another note -

Idil

They made my favourite childhood book into a movie!!! The Chronicles of Narnia: The lion, the witch and the wardrobe...can't wait to see it [big Grin]

I thought 'The Chronicles of Narnia' was a Christian story book, correct me if I am wrong?

I guess, I was just put off when they said the 4 children were the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve... All being Anglo saxon, just didn't do it for me.