Sign in to follow this  
Sister1000

Describe somali culture

Aaliyyah   

^ I think most pakistanis are very cultured, even though somalis are cultured many are a bit easy on it. I am wondering what your parents would say if you wanted to marry another race?

my afgan friend's brother married a pakistani girl and both of their families made a huge deal about it. even though i personally think afganis and pakistani are close culturewise (or maybe not)...so am just wondering what your parents would say when you bring a somali dude? ofcourse all the families are not the same...and theres no need to generalize..just wondering?

salaam

Sabriya

BTW, I dont want to get married until at least 26. When, I wrote that thread about marrying that somali guy, I dont know what I was writing. I didnt exactly mean marrying him now. NO WAY! Just searching for the ideal husband 100 years before I get married. LOL

Aaliyyah   

^am glad to know you don't want to rush...keep it that way. At least till you'r a bit older, cuz ur the same age as my second youngest sister and just looking out for u... ;)

my dad would be like, 'your so not marrying a somali', he is kind of prejudice, thinks every other culture is so below our culture.

my mum would be like, 'this girl has gone crazy'.

They obviously wouldnt be 100%. But I know they would let me marry the guy I want to marry as long he is muslim.

Aaliyyah   

within the somali culture we have tribe issues, like hey we prefer your man to be from so and so tribe. Forget other race. But, alhmadulilah so many families became more religious and try to look beyond one's tribe, race. it wont happen over night but people are changing now and coming to understand that deen is all that matters.

so I can understand where your parents are also coming from. Inshallah as long as you bring someone's whose decent its all good. even though i can understand your parents want someone who can speak the same langauge and understand their culture better as oppose to a muslim man from another culture/race. But, as long as you get a muslim man whose practicing his deen the right way regardless of his color, that's priceless..

salaam

Originally posted by Sister1000:

Lt-Qalbi-Adeyg

Seriously, I feel soooooo sorry for all somalis that they have such a person like you who is somali.

lol. We can't all be good people. I'm the balance that is needed here.

Also, what's with packistani's, have you people never heard of a new invention called a deodorant?

Lt-Qalbi-Adeyg

Mmmmmmm, I know we pakistani muslims dont even use deodrant, that is true because we wash anyway 6 times a day ( shower in the morning & making wudu). DUH! Not that you'd know about washing 5 times a day as Im pretty damn sure your not a practising muslim.

Do you know what at least I can say, Im 100% proud to be pakistani!!!

Aaliyyah   

ok you two cool it down. I think qalbiadeyg likes you sister and he was trying to get your attention..this is just sweet talking went the wrong way lol..be easy on him smile.gif

salaam

p.s. glad to hear that ur proud pakistani, and am proud somali....now lets drink to that (drink coffee mind you)

Lt-Qalbi-Adeyg

WOW, I actualy agree with something you've got to say, the part where you wrote ur an asshole is sooo true. Keep the pratice up of being honest Lt-Qalbi-Adeyg.