Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Wishing you all Happy New Year.

Today I find myself very thankful; thankful for my family being my family and my friends for loving me even when I’m being me. These amazing collections of men and women have enriched my life it in so-many ways than I care to count and I can’t imagine a life without them. As of lately the expression better late than never has rang true to me; its amazing how we take certain people for granted and their love for us as given.

You see last week my mother rang me and told me a distant cousin is coming to London and she gave him something for me….like all the other times, I just thought ohh well its probably gold set (how I hate them and I tell her everytime that its no use sending me gold set’s I wont wear them or have anywhere to wear them too) but I didn’t convey that thought to her, so we continued to chatter on about other stuff and laughed as usual. You see my mother is hilarious and her one lines are legendry to me.

Anyhow, I had a feeling that it wasn’t what I think it is and started getting curious about the package in question. So I rang her again and asked what was it, and her response was-,ohh I finally re-arranged the carpet closet and I came across your old pink crocodile shoes, so I sent them to you. I nearly cried (who I’m I kidding there was some hiccups). You see when I was 7yrs old, my father got me a pink crocodile shoes and I loved them more than anything else. I wore them to every kidy function I was taken too and for safekeeping everynight I took them to my mother’s room. But one day I went to retrieve them and just couldn’t find them, ohh!! How I cried and screamed and accused the housemaid’s etc.

My abo promised me to get another but they’werent the same. Years later for my mother to find them and to think to send them to me was something I couldn’t have imagined in million years. So they landed and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them and when I did I nearly cried in front of this distant cousin. And in that moment I realised how much I love her, she’s everything I could ever wish for, and can’t imagine a life without her. And in the past few days something else happened I saw my mother not just as my mother, but a woman with her own stories to tell.

So, IA 2010, I intend to spend more time with my mother and I'm thankful for having such wonderful, intelligent and inspirational woman that I can call my MOTHER in my life and I want to tell her that everyday for the next 365days.

Happy New Year guys…..

Malika   

smile.gif @CL ,that is beautiful darling..

Cherish her,I say!

ps.Welcome to the grown up club,when one finally see the people behind the tittles - Abo,Hoyo,Abti,Eedo etc etc..

Faheema.   

You know just the other day, I had the same moment, how I am lucky to have such a mother...it was emotional to say the least.

CL, May Allah give our mothers good health and long life...Amiin

Malika I intend too.

But isn’t it remarkable how one forgets that there is a woman behind that title.

Juxa- believe me I’m well aware of it. I mean I’ve always been close to her and god only knows she lost lots of hair on my account and still managed to love me unquestionably. But now it’s different and all it took was a crocodile shoes.

Juxa and Malika care to share your stories?

Fab- I don’t consider declarations for ones mothers as a sign of weakness dear boi, but strength.

Faheema Amiiiin...

Juxa   

dont kill the joy Ngonge.

CL, i know sometimes one tends to get busy with work or studies that you forget family or no longer have time for your mom or dad.

lakin life is short, i always tried to make time for my mom, a phone call in-between the phone calls or going over at 10pm after she slept and saying hi.

it all matters. by the way when you going back, take me with you, i would like to see what else she found in that closet beside crocodile shoes

Malika   

[Edit]

Oh look what you have done.. :(icon_razz.gif

ps.My mother has a few nick names,all those nick names are of strong,intelligent,humanist women.She is also a champion swimmer,beats me to a race every time..She shares my love of the sea too.

Hooyo waa lama huraan.....Hadii kale waxaan lahaa aahey.

Halaga ducaysto waaridka inta la noolyahay. Inshallah, I wana take my mom to Haj next year and am planning to her something that will make her very vwery happy inshallah.

Happy new year to all of you!

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Today I find myself very thankful; thankful for my family being my family and my friends for loving me even when I’m being me.

:D @ even when I'm being me.