Old_Observer

USA visit to Eritrea, Djibouti and Ethiopia

4 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

If Iran make the "game-changer" you are alluding to, which means, a nuclear bomb (even a crude one) then she is safe from the fate of having its capital of Tehran being lit with firestorm in the dead-of-the-night, like it have happened to Baghdad back in 2003. And that is that reason, the Kim-boy of North Korea is so happy-go-lucky-guy since he had made the "break-out" of the "game-changer" kind Iran is still many years away from it.

Hence it's all down to how Trump sees the upside of attacking Iran and whether he sees any down-side of it. This is what will determined how this Iran's nuclear deal will go from here on-out. As for John Mackinder, I have read one his book, and I am actually using him now in explaining in the book I am at the moment writing about Somaliland's beginning, as to how the Geo-strategical and naval competitions between the Europeans powers of late 19th century in the horn actually created many side-effect and many places like Somaliland.

So, I very much like his theoretical foundation of why Geographical contours (and where in the world one find oneself living in it) has much to do the grand sweeps of history in which one is liable to see his people experiencing it. 

I can see from your analysis here that you are familiar with Mr. MacKinder, thus I said brush up.

Iran may not be far from game changer, thus the hurry hurry of Mr. Netanyahoo in addition to the fact that Trump is a president most amenable relatively to Israel.

Iran has the delivery capability. That most agree. Turkey actually may trade some Arabs for this delivery toys.

Duufaan   
1 hour ago, Oodweyne said:

Yes, spot on. Which is the reason, Mr Netanyahu of Israel, sees the next three years in which Mr Trump is likely to remain in office in Washington as his last "golden chance" to eliminate any chance of Iran having any nukes for the foreseeable future.

And if Iran were successful in getting the bomb on its own hand then it will be a real a "game-changer" for the whole region. Not to say nothing about bringing about a situation of "strategical parity" between Israel and Iran, given that Israel has about 100 or so of Nuclear weapons in its own right.  

Netanyahu may want weaken Iran, specually trying to make iran  not build bases in Syria and make sure nuclear agreement will never expire. But. Shia Iran is tough and he also  do not want lose the Shia vs Suns game

. In addition Russia, China and Turkey will not allow Iran to go down. European trade with Iran and they will also resist. Trump will be loser in the end. He will definitely try to avoid huge collision but still please Netanyahu. He may put some sections back. The domestic politics. and his rating are. mportant for him

39 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

The domestic politics. and his rating are. mportant for him

My friend, there is no public opinion that can not be manufactured or generated with few false flag and the media in one month at the current culture. As there is no european leader that can say no to Netanyahoo. Macron will be first in line against Iran if told or instructed. Look what he is doing in Syria.

Duufaan   

Is he gone open his pocket because that is what matters today world. Ethiopia has already invested to use Kenya, Tanzania and Sudan ports. If they add Eriteria in list, it  will not matter a lot.  Berbera vs Djabuti is nonsense and tactics from Ethiopia government  to find even cheaper places to export and import goods.

9 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

Is he gone open his pocket because that is what matters today world. Ethiopia has already invested to use Kenya, Tanzania and Sudan ports. If they add Eriteria in list, it  will not matter a lot.  Berbera vs Djabuti is nonsense and tactics from Ethiopia government  to find even cheaper places to export and import goods.

true. Its all economic and least politiics. The Ethiopians have advantage in infrastructure building. They have home grown companies that can build roads to high standards. Are working already in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan. They want to dominate this business which is necessary and not optional to all countries, its a must.

Berbera is best next to Djibouti for Ethiopians, otherwise in time Kismayo will show up in the radar screen too let alone Bossaso.

The Kenyans are offering so many freebies to the Ethiopians. Sudan has on its own built dry port and gifted it to Ethiopia.