Sign in to follow this  
Lt-Qalbi-Adeyg

Randomness of Religion

Doesn't it get to you, that depending on where you are born determines what religion you are. If i was unfortunate enough to be born in some remote village in the kalhari or something to some african tribe, what would I know about islam or any organized religion for that matter?

Also, without hell, how many people would be religious? it seems to me that peoples main motivation for being religious is to avoid hell, hence as they get older and are days away from the grimreapers grip, they start to become religious out of fear.

Just some jumbled thoughts of a man slowly loosing his religion.

Just some jumbled thoughts of a man slowly loosing his religion.

Who is that man? If it is you, please make some soul searching ASAP. It is a terrible thing to lose your faith in Allah. In sha'llah you will be guided.

in my oppinion religion is a private thing. no one should be asking you about it, and u shouldn't be telling people about it. its between you and allah.

I think most of us live by pascals gambit, we cannot logically prove that god exists, but probability wise, we have less to lose from just believing than not believing in god. I think that's how I've been reasoning for a long time, but that is a flawed reason, and it suggests that god is petty god that rewards hypocrisy and not genuine goodness.

More jumbled questions that are usually on my mind: How do you reconcile free will and destiny?

Indhoos   

Walaalo shaydaanka iska naar, deetana istaqfaaro, It is the shaytaan that lead the way to this line of questioning.

you know a while ago i was watching this documentary on the nile river. In the documentary there is a tribe of ethiopians who believe there are spirits that roam the nile river, and they would sacrifice goats and chickens in order to appease these spirits. Now, most of us would agree, this is ludicrous, correct?

Doesn't the idea of 'shaydan' that is invisible and puts bad thoughts in peoples heads seem just as ludicrous?

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

in my oppinion religion is a private thing. no one should be asking you about it, and u shouldn't be telling people about it. its between you and allah.

hear hear!