Sign in to follow this  
Umm al_khair

What does Islam say about having Boyfriends or Girlfriends?

Who are we kidding, we’re all in relationships or have been in the past --- and lets not forget many youths don’t know much about the religion and its protocols when it comes to mattes of the heart.

BTW, who invented the late night phone conversation trend.

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

[QB] lets not forget many youths don’t know much about the religion and its protocols when it comes to mattes of the heart.

If they take Islam seriously and they strive to build their knowledge in Islam they will.

^^^^^^^^^^^ That’s an optimistic assumption about Muslim youths today.

Many youths are culturally indoctrinated in gaalo land. Many of them are okay with the concept of casual sex, relationships, and cohabitation without marriage. I know many couples that are not married but yet they conduct their daily living as if they were married to each other.

Youths today are growing up with BET ideology, and many Somali girls are succumbing to the baby momma syndrome. We’re at a point where we are advocating phrases like ‘please don’t have a baby’ but still being together has become a norm for us. I can only imagine how many Somali girls had abortions, let alone them being virgins.

Parent’s are unable to educate their youths because of cultural/language barriers. Many times parents are unable to understand the culture in which their children are raised. Even conservative or rather religious youths are often accused of being dull and boring and their rants and raves are ignored. They even get pressured into that kind of lifestyle. I honestly believe that casual dating under the guidelines of the religion is permissible and useful.

If a couple feels like having sex, they should secretly get married, and instead of sinning, they can be together legitimately.

Juxa   

salaams all, i think this topic started with the best of intentions, ukhti muslimah, og-girl, rayaana and haddad all posted what islam says about dating. it is HARAM, we all know that. pure and simple.

please dont rationalise our human-weaknesses, may allah forgive us for our sins. we not angels, we make mistakes, sometimes unintentionally.

i was saddened to see og-girl and hibo disagreeing, and all in public, gabdho u better than that, hibo u are wrong to say what u said bt i accept it was misunderstanding and u did not mean it. glad u apologised and og girl accepted it. alxamdulilah.

may allah show us the right path, cafis iyo masaabax, iska naara shaydaanka

Kashafa   

Many youths are culturally indoctrinated in gaalo land. Many of them are okay with the concept of casual sex, relationships, and cohabitation without marriage. I know many couples that are not married but yet they conduct their daily living as if they were married to each other.

Youths today are growing up with BET ideology, and many Somali girls are succumbing to the baby momma syndrome. We’re at a point where we are advocating phrases like ‘please don’t have a baby’ but still being together has become a norm for us. I can only imagine how many Somali girls had abortions, let alone them being virgins.

Not to come off with an holier-than-thou vibe, but it seems like ur describing a minuscule segment of the somali youth. Not 'many'.

Haddad   

Originally posted by ukthi muslimah:

...thanks haddad you explained it more clearly.

You're welcome, sister.

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

Who are we kidding, we’re all in relationships or have been in the past...

Not all have led or lead the same kind of lifestyle. And not all who have led or lead the same kind of lifestyle have been in relationships. Some simply are averse to or have no stomach for relationships. Even some of the locals are averse to such relationships. I don't know, maybe they're not genetically predisposed for such relationships. Personally, I am averse to many aspects of the Western culture, like going to discos, night clubs, partying, dating, being in premarital relationship and etc. This doesn't necessarily has to do with religion. Many people in the West do not drink wine, eat pork, frequent discos or nightclubs, date, or have ever been in a relationship.

Castro   

Originally posted by Haddad:

Many people in the West do not drink wine, eat pork, frequent discos or nightclubs, date, or have ever been in a relationship.

Indeed. They're called serial killers.

Miriam1   

^looooool

9 pages and that was the funniest comment...

Who cares what you do! at the end BOTH the PIOUS and SINNERS will be judged!

___EDIT___

Ohhh man....did i turn it into a ten page issue....*runs out ashamed*

Originally posted by Fidel:

quote:Originally posted by Haddad:

Many people in the West do not drink wine, eat pork, frequent discos or nightclubs, date, or have ever been in a relationship.

Indeed. They're called serial killers.
They call themselves conservative and some of them are practising Christians.

Foxy   

I say everyone is up for their own deed of actions on judgement day, so in the mean time do as I you wish/feel....its all up to the situaiton at hand and is all good to date untill U come across the one or the ones( since its a wild wild world out there)....till then keep on the dating scene going on till the end of days.....thats my 2 cents

cheers