Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Anti Depressants anyone?

Haha, this is the funniest thing I heard. Sorry in advance to those with real depression issues, I know it's not funny. I went to see my doctor for that annual check up thingy, and no less than two mins after asking me how my life was and me telling him it's been very tough with up comming court cases. He goes Aha, ur depressed and writes me prescription for 3 different anti depressants. I didn't know if to laugh, or just walk out on him. Man, this has been very eventful day. Anyways, I am goin to pick those meds up from the pharmacy since I don't have to pay for 'em anyway (Medicare). And if anyone needs 'em and lives around the St. Paul area, you can get 'em.

Jacylbaro, I can Fedex it to Hargeysa if u are interested... smile.gif mid baan qaatay, si si kale uuba iga dhigayba.....maybe Anaa iska heesanaayo oo markaan xoogaa rabo inaan si si kale noqdo si aan u qaato. Hahahha

^ LOL, Nin, ur a joker. You see it's all about their 'business' they WANT you to become reliant on them so you can keep returning back... Yes you said they're free but some organisation of somewhat will pay on your behalf and it's a way for your GP to keep you on their patient list 'oh, look how many aappointments I have today!'

I self medicate personally...the drugs I use are called ' let your immune system deal with it' smile.gif

Make a wish, ur "immune system" sometimes needs little help from meds for whatever reasons. It's always good idea to follow the advice of your doctor, since for the most part they know what they are talking about. The one I had obviously didn't know what he was talking about, but most are ok. Meds are fine with me as long as they do what they were 'spose to do.

I've done okay up til now without them so may that long continue... Sleeping helps too and the 5 daily recommendations of fruit/veg.

I don't see the point in an annual check up, it's as though your wanting for the doctor to say 'oh, looks like you're suffering my asthma young man'. If you're feeling fine then what's the point in going?! I wouldn't waste my time.

Well I guess ur in ur prime yrs in life not to be on any meds or need to go get ur annual physical check ups. I hope you continue to be healthy as long as possible. But checks ups do help you in finding things that could be problem down the road and it's not always a way for docs to find things wrong with you. There were few annual check ups I got a clean bill of health. My advice to you is to go get checked especially if u haven't had one in a longtime.

Yes, I have noticed how some GPs like to dole out the antideps. I remember one occasion when I went to see my doctor because I was constantly feeling fatigued, and she asked me 3 times if I was depressed.

I once went to a doctor, he asked what is my problem and i said i have a constant headache. He didn't ask anything and he gave me 56 Penicillin V tables for a week. :D

^ Ha ha. She had a horrid bedside manner. She also told me 'we don't do MOTs on the NHS', when I asked for a full check-up. Sarcastic cow.

JB, You got antibiotics for a headache? OK.

*Note to Self: Never go to a doctor in Hargeisa*