Sign in to follow this  
Malika

What will benefit You.

Malika   

Asalaam Aleykum folks.

I wanted to share this with all of you, the aim is not to make you feel scared nor sad,but for the mere purpose of reflecting on our lives.

What would benefit us after our deaths!..

"Alhamdulillah, Inna lillah wa inna illahi rajcun" were the words utter by me late last night , after being informed of the death of a good sister S. The deceased sister was at the core of our dacwa group. Subhanallah she lived a good life one that benefited the Ummah in many levels. The sister worked with an organisation that empowered women, to find employment and knowledge.

She used her knowledge in Islam to counsel sisters whom found themselves overwhelmed with the day to day life struggles. She also taught Islamic studies to children on the weekends in the Islamic School, she and her husband co-founded. She was on the front row in rallying fund raising events for our soon to be built mosque. Subhanallah she was also our main speaker in our sister circle, her talks where always well prepared, she spoke with much humbleness, her talks were very stimulating, there was always a buzzing atmosphere during the discussion times..

The last I saw her was when we were discussing Surati Asr, the focus being TIME, the essences of Time! How we spend the time we are here on earth etc. Just weeks later she was taken ill after few check up she was diagnosed with a deadly cancer, she went through all the treatment and seemed to have made progress, but last week she fell ill again and last night Alhamdulillah she passed away . She was only 29yrs old..

Her death has made me think, reflect on what one will leave behind that will benefit them long after death. I remembered one of the general principles established in the Qur’aan concerning with the rewards and the punishments of our deeds.

In surah An-Najm[53:39] it says;

“….that humans will only have the result of their actions”.

Consequently, when a person dies, the opportunity for that person to do good ends with the person’s death. How ever, the chance to harvest good from deeds which were done prior to death remains.

You reap what you sow they say, indeed you do. The knowledge of the deen, she has passed on to the children/women will continue to benefit her. The school and the fund she raised for the mosque will continue to benefit her. Her dedication to raising pious sons will sure continue to benefit her. The charitable act of reaching out, changing the lives of many women for the better, will continue to benefit here Inshaallah!

When you hear the death of someone you knew, usually it triggers the thoughts of your own death. The death of Sister S, didn’t only brought the reality of mortality to my comfortable and illusive life of late. Her death has made me question , what am I truly benefiting from my life now and what will benefit me more in the here after, Allah Akbar!

'O Allaah, forgive our living and our dead, those present and those absent, our young and our old, our males and our females. O Allaah, whom amongst us You keep alive, then let such a life be upon Islaam, and whom amongst us You take unto Yourself, then let such a death be upon faith. O Allaah, do not deprive us of his reward and do not let us stray after him’.

Amiiiiiiiiin, Ya Rabi!

nuune   

Sister Malika, Ilaahay ha u naxariisto oo Janatul Fardawsa haka waraabiyo, idinkana Samir iyo Iimaan Allaha idin ka siiyo, aamiin.

Innaa Lillaahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raajicuun

Faheema.   

Ina Lillahi Wa Ina Ilaihi Raj'oon! May Allah rest her soul in peace & place her in Jannah!

'O Allaah, forgive our living and our dead, those present and those absent, our young and our old, our males and our females. O Allaah, whom amongst us You keep alive, then let such a life be upon Islaam, and whom amongst us You take unto Yourself, then let such a death be upon faith. O Allaah, do not deprive us of his reward and do not let us stray after him’.

Amiin.

Aaliyyah   

May Allah swt have mercy on sister S. and grant her the highest level in Jannah!

thank you Malika for the reminder, we are nothing but human beings and we tend to sometimes forget the main purpose of life which is worshiping allah swt. As I was reading ur post, I got so emotional to a point I had tears in my eyes. But, tears will not get us anywhere what we indeed need is to prepare for death and be ready for the day where no one can help us (family, wealth etc) except our deeds.

This ayah clearly sums up what I mentioned above...

"The love of desires has been made beautiful to people such as women, sons, piled up mounds of gold and silver, branded horses, cattle and farm land. Those are the provisions of this life and with Allah is the best place of return."

[Qur'an Al 'Imran: 14]

subhanalah wealth and families leave you at the steps of ur grave. Ofcourse, we have to work for our dunya and study hard/work hard to land the good job we all dreamed about. But, not at the cost of forgetting our akhira. so, inshallah lets balance ourlife.

Again, thank you for ur powerful reminder sis

jazakalahu khyr!

Buuxo   

Allah Yarxam.

Jazakallah khayr abaayo for the timely reminder.I have been so focused on my account for the dunya ,that i have certainly lost sight of my account for the akhira. :(

Amiin ya Allah.