Suldaanka

Canadian Embassy delegation from Nairobi arrive in Hargeisa

Ducale,

I don't know if he was a trainer, or that galbeedi and the likes think no Somai should interact with Ethiopia. It is like a taboo for Somali politician to interact with Ethiopian, when in reality no Somali can avoid bumping to Ethiopia and the Ethiopians bumping to Somalis.

Regional interest should not be enemy of Unionist, except for the fact that some Unionist become so rigid, cannot see the natural progression of society. You, your family, your immediate relative, your village, your closest group of villages, your zone, your sultanate, your boqor, your collection of boqor united kingdom. That is natural.

If you love your sultanate its easy and normal to love the next sultanate. Even if you fight over something you can find compromise and reconciliation since you understand your interest and also the other guy, group, tribe interest.

But if you simply say, we are one and since only one chair is available, I will sit on it, you sit on the floor. That will never work. But if you say lets build enough chairs for everyone and more so we all can sit around the table, but I will sit at head of table. That is acceptable since everybody is at the table.

The way you put it looks like, if I am not mistaken, globalists and nationalists conflict at a local scale.

galbeedi   

OO,

First you put your house in order and then you deal with your neighbor. The best solution for Somalia is to expel all foreign troops from these dirt poor nations of the horn. Next will be the British who are double dealing from Kismaayo to Hargeisa. 

Ethiopia should have zero say how the internal Somali issues are managed, on the other hand we Somalis have a say how Ethiopia is managed because we have Somalis who own 25% of Ethiopia. 

We are free willing nomads and will never accept interference from anyone, let alone Ethiopia. I believe also that we should be the most influential country in the horn. We want Somalis want to travel From Wajeer to Kismaayo, Badoa, Jijjga , Dhibouti Hargeisa aand Boosaaso nd between  without any restrictions. We want to be like US.

We want to see our potential. Look at Turkey , ten years ago their GDP was around $280 billion, now it is $860 billion .  

Ducaale, 

If Somaliland becomes responsible government with rule of law which also emphasises small development for the people, I would have kept that system, but what I see is certain group enriching themselves at the expense of everyone else.

When the leader has in his pockets the judge, the audit, the banker, the military, the foreign account and everything between  it is dictatorship disguised as false democracy. 

On the other hand Somalia is on the road to be responsible and accountable government.

7 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

OO,

Ethiopia should have zero say how the internal Somali issues are managed, on the other hand we Somalis have a say how Ethiopia is managed because we have Somalis who own 25% of Ethiopia. 

We are free willing nomads and will never accept interference from anyone, let alone Ethiopia. I believe also that we should be the most influential country in the horn. We want Somalis want to travel From Wajeer to Kismaayo, Badoa, Jijjga , Dhibouti Hargeisa aand Boosaaso nd between  without any restrictions. We want to be like US.

We want to see our potential. Look at Turkey , ten years ago their GDP was around $280 billion, now it is $860 billion .  

galbeedi,

That is the right attitude and all the ingredients are there, its just that at this time not pulling or pushing in one direction.

Its cross roads. Its very difficult and for now impossible to gather all these regions into one country. But its easy and very economical in terms of time and sacrifice to bring together as one people. In some countrues the Somali will be like Jewish, in others like Scottish in others like English, but if each uses th eopportunities available then evryone has a stake and an interest on the other.

I can tell you from what I have seen how displaced Somalis are treated in Kenya and Ethiopia. Its night and day. Granted that Ethiopians at least some tribes and ethnics had more interaction with Somalis for centuries if not millenia, but most of the reason for the difference in treatment of displaced is 1. The difference of status of the Somali in both countries.

You also need to be reasonable in the fact that the Somali share Djibouti with the Afar, so primarily they will accomodate the Afar in Djibouti before trying to help or hinder Mogadishu. That is just the reality of life.

The Somali presence in all this countries is a gift or good side of a bad situation. It was created in bad times, but it may give good results if used correctly.

galbeedi   

I agree with you in terms of interactions , It is really easy to interact with Ethiopians especially here in Diaspora. My wife works with some Kenyan, Nigerian and Ethiopian ladies and she finds the Ethiopians easy to deal and to arrange things together while the Nigerians are hard to even agree on anything.

In fact in the diaspora we get along well with Ethiopians especially the Ahmara.

3 hours ago, Ducale said:

It's so true somalis have this kind of phobia  about Ethiopia. I can't imagine what it will be like for a somali politian working with "the historical and the only christian ( country) enemy of somali people".

Ducale,

Yes. That fake persona and image lasted almost 100 years, but when the real ones showed up who are Jewish, Christian and Moslems according to time, That Amhara image and exaggerated talk is almost vanishing.

Why is the christian island etc now not being propagated one friend asked:

All the Original places of every monolithic faith are all within Tigray. The Jewish have in the area where the current Weyannie started. Moslems have Negash area where the 1st weyannie 1942 started and Christians have Axum in between these two places. Ethnically speaking the only people that can claim religious tolerance and co-existance through thick and thin tested are the Afar and Tigray. The rest has become fair weather tolerant or fair weather champion of this or that.

People are tested when up and down. If at the immediate downturn you blame or hate any people, faith, tribe etc then one is intolerant and survival of society is somehow  linked to tolerance especially when you are up.

Ask the most chauvinist Amhara now how he feels about Moslems and he/she will speak a new language.

Almost all Somalis now have been exposed to Ethiopians one way or another, so the collective view of the past if you see is only on the outside. For Ethiopians is even more exposure and there is nothing more shocking and convincing with no need of talk and lectures to convince people,  than seeing a Somali governor, a Somali minister, a Somali judge, a Somali commander to change peoples attitude in a hurry and in a priceless way.