Suldaanka

Kenya annex border towns forcefully

Our friends from Somalia will go leaps and bounds wasting a lot of their time on local issues like Naceema Qorane, while they pull an ostrich like on real issues like Kenya's border operations in Gedo and Jubba-Hoose regions. 

They are planning up to 400 km of this type of wall. I do not think this can stop anyone who is willing to do harm like Alshabab. But it will definitely stop the nomads at their tracks. 

galbeedi   

The Somali government did not said anything about this crime.

Today in Addis Uhuru rejected the Amisom departure of late this year.

This Sawahili needs to be kicked out of the country as soon as possible.

They started building the wall few years ago. If 8 Km is all managed to do so far, I see this going nowhere. I assume you are posting this to make point about the conflict with Somaliland.

No question the wall is violating Somali sovereignty unlike Somaliland, this wall is not about to plunge the entire into an all out war.

Galbeedi,

They won't do anything unless pressured like the sea case which it looks Kenya is about to lose. At this point, it is the citizens that need to keep this effort alive.

21 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

I see this going nowhere. I assume you are posting this to make point about the conflict with Somaliland

You think so? 

21 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

No question the wall is violating Somali sovereignty unlike Somaliland, this wall is not about to plunge the entire into an all out war.

It is already causing a lot of problems for a lot of people but more as time goes. Eventually will complete cut families on either side of the border much like Israel's Palestinian wall. 

I do not think the issue between Somaliland and Somalia will have the same kind of problems for the nomads. In fact, Somaliland will be the first to insure free movement of peoples and livestock since both regions relay on rain which can affect the migration of nomads on both sides. 

With regards to engulfing the entire region into all out war. If Puntland wants to turn this into clan war, let it be. But Somaliland is not about clans, it is a national army that will be engaging anything that attempts to start trouble. 

It is clearly shown not much of wall is actually built or will be built. And future viable Somali state will not accept an illegal annexation. Kenya is no Israel. It is another tribal society. Ethiopia poses a greater threat to all Somalis than Kenya could ever be.

As for Somaliland, army or no army, this war will turn into horrible, bitter tribal war (We are Somalis, let's not kid ourselves!! And yes Somaliland is clan-based.). It is not what Puntland want but at the point, Somaliland have pushed things to the point Puntland or larger D-block can't afford back down, more importantly, this bravado and threats against Garowe are not helping the situation, pure, unadulterated arrogance seemed to have supplanted common sense.

And honestly, what;s to be gained from this war. In a time where there's internal political dissent, hyper inflation and recurring droughts,  what's driving Somaliland into engaging such foolish misadventures? They have managed to stoke tribal animosities that have been long dormant.

D-Block have learned a harsh lesson from 91, that was never bee caught off guard or be cornered. Even if one side prevails, I don't see how Somalis will come out any better.This lay the foundation for future conflicts. Anyone sensible  person not blinded by tribal pride can see this. I hope the better angels among Somalilanders see it too and stand up in order to stop this insanity.

Boowe, get used to the new reality on the ground. Its highly unlikely for Puntland to try to recover the newly lost territories of Tukaraq area. 

Clan melitia may exist but they will not pose any threat to the Somaliland army. They may do a desperate throws here and there much the same way as they done after Somaliland tookover Lascanod. That is about it.

One takeaway from this whole thing in Tukaraq is that both Puntland & Villa Somalia will think twice before trespassing into Somaliland territories.  

With regards to Kenya, I wouldn't belittle their resolve.