Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

How to keep your marriage strong and avoid seperation

Originally posted by Red Sea:

Have you ever wondered why most of Somali couples's relationship doesn't last?

Yes, but its not just a Somali problem. In our case tho there is no stigma for being divorced in our culture compared to others, so when expectations and hopes get crushed we opt for the easier way out. There is also lack of support from the elders on how to cope with the pitfalls of marriage as most of the families are single parent families to begin with. So family involvement and coaching is crucial.

RedSea   

^good points,we are lucking many things,the list just goes on and on.

p.s not only Somali problem but we are focusing on Somalis at the moment.

Shakti   

Originally posted by Red Sea:

^but luck of understanding between couples is what we are trying to avoid.Offcourse divorce becomes neccessary if the couples are hopeless with their marriage,but how NOT to get to that point is the point of discussion.

And my point is.. to get to that point itself, is where the joy lays .. and lets not try to avoid it... ;)

RedSea   

^mariage is given a bad wrap bro,it shouldn't be.It should be fun,right now it isnt',but how can we make it to be just that is what we are looking for.

Femme,lol...nice suggestion.

talk to her! he kidding me!! u might as well surrender and wear the dirac homie. never be kind to a xalimo or your house will burn in HELL...!

One key point, keep the BITTERNESS OUT OF YOUR NEW MARRIAGE, especially if you are ex-divorcee a.k.a rudy who was burned by Ex-Wife.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Femme:

How to keep your marriage strong and avoid seperation

Keep your hubby close. Keep that woman who's shamelessly eyeing him closer.
;)

you have a suspious nature....not cool....what about trust?

Originally posted by Ceebla:

The marriages that fail are the ones where the couple claims to be seperated or divorced to collect welfare..while he goes off to another city to drive cab.

lol i went go to boring lecture w/ my cuz.......n i remember this point it was funny what the sheikh said about dis n somalis......"lie about walfare claims"...some claiming their moms is their wife :D ..... he said was haraam, ppl are eating, and feeding their kids haraam....marka bad things happen in the family, breakups, fights, ect....he made sense walaa

peace out

Shakti   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

I don't know people. I think marriages should have an expiration date. Who could be with the same person for the rest of their natural life.

u r on 2 something.. i tell ya..

the sheikh who is marrying the two ppl off, should also hand them some sort of expiration certificate...

here is a question 4 every1.. how long should the validation last?

layzie--afka caano ha la guugu dhaadsho abaayo!! loool..! i truely learned and thank the 1 one above. i thought i was arnold and said..hehehee 3 times and u out!! lool. hey, did u know that if u chose that 3 dalaaqs, u is a freeman!! but the wadaad guy didnt explain this to me...and i

needed like 3 months off her azz!...i called her and she told me that the only way i can get her piece was like if she married some dude, he gets killed and then i can come and get some some! Can you believe that shyte.

i told her that i aint gonna kill no body for that! forget it...!

hope you learned your listens 2 in the bay of pigs in Cuba! what did u do to castro..! homie aint the same no more since you vista havanna!! Millions have been trying this for yrs.. its takes a xalimo a one week trip to do him in...!

Shakti   

^^^^^Depends if one wants to procreate. Kids deserve a stable home.

Excuse me but I believe there is no restriction on expiration. Seriously, I truly hate parent who use children as cane 2 stay in a broken marriage. That’s self abuse and can translate down 2 the kids.

I think the marriage license should last for 5 years. So if one starts at the age of 25

they'll get 6 good variations when they reach 60. I think the systems shut downs at 60..right?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Devilangle:

Excuse me but I believe there is no restriction on expiration. Seriously, I truly hate parent who use children as cane 2 stay in a broken marriage. That’s self abuse and can translate down 2 the kids.

I guess, then, shuttling the kids from home to home and parent to parent is NOT abuse.

Cara.   

Originally posted by Devilangle:

I think the marriage license should last for 5 years. So if one starts at the age of 25

they'll get 6 good variations when they reach 60. I think the systems shut downs at 60..right?

:D Would they be allowed to renew a license with the same partner?