Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

How to keep your marriage strong and avoid seperation

RedSea   

^lol.I think I would rather have a 'license' that never expires nor any suspentions or fines..I am speaking of clean record,wouldn't you like to have that?

Che, that whole expiry talk, is that your way of finding helpful ways to break the news to the wifey, lol...

Time's up baby, get rolling...

All jokes aside, if you feel that marriages ought to have expiry date, why would you want to stick around for the children, if children are involveD?

Once the thought comes to your head, the marriage is over, no going back and especially no staying in misery for children's sake. Imagine all the hatred they're going to see in your eyes, because you can only lie to yourself and others for so long until it starts to show.

Shakti   

^^ I completely agree with u. No daughter/son likes to see their mother in miserable marriage even if that goes against their father. So move on. Let’s stop this weak a$$ talk about 4 the sake of my children.

Originally posted by Red Sea:

I am speaking of clean record,wouldn't you like to have that?

^^lol..clean record ah?? Do u realize u can cross the street tomorrow and be dragged my a motorcycle 10 blocks before someone notices ur bloody body! So There goes ur clean record. Comprehend amigo

Originally posted by Cara:

quote:Originally posted by Devilangle:

I think the marriage license should last for 5 years. So if one starts at the age of 25

they'll get 6 good variations when they reach 60. I think the systems shut downs at 60..right?

:D

Would they be allowed to renew a license with the same partner?
Well CARA im glad u asked... if u count the # of variation that one can have from the age of 25-60 with 5 years intervals is actually 7 partners not 6 partners…. so i purposely didn’t count one lucky mega forehead, just incase one has temporary change of heart :D yeah?

Wiilo   

Red Sea Sxb i can relate to what you have written here. I'm a married woman, my husband and i have a family day that is exclusively for us, and we have night out too, enought details...

I hope all the singles out there are taking notes of this, 'cause beleive me y'all gonna need alot of great advices....

Wabillaah:..............

Wiilo,yes am heeding all the advices but what can go wrong in a relationship so long as there is trust,respect,appreciation and roles to be played as of responsibilities to be taken care of?Even so, why do things go wrong?I have heard so many crazy stuff from married pple that makes me say 'Gosh am lucky to be a bach'.Some married folks sure have head spinning days. :(

Naden   

Originally posted by Red Sea:

The Prophet peace be upon him use to shower with Aisha(his wife) at times

And how do you know that? Were you the one handing them the towels?

Repeating this nonsense about mohammed (csw) and the sanctity of his home is utterly shameful.

RedSea   

^NADEN,have you ever heard of something called hadiths(traditions of the Prophet).

There is nothing wrong in doing everything just the way the prophet Peace be upon use to ,whether it's regarding his behaviors inside his home or outside.Actually the Hadith is reported by Aisha herself,if Aisha said it and wasn't so shameful of it's saying,then why should we be Naden?

Naden   

If people want advice on showering with a spouse, they can consult any sex advice column or better yet, ring Dr. Sue. Her gap-toothed smile of the absurd will surely solve all problems.

Is this the same prophet whom God admonished people not to linger and talk in his home because he is too shy to tell them himself despite the harm he feels (33:53)? Is this the same wife of the prophet believers were told to speak to from behind a curtain? Is this the same man whom God describes as possessing great morals/manners (68:4)? Why so many instructions to guard the sanctity of his home if tales of his relations with his wife will become fodder for everyone. He was sent to guide people morally not instruct them in the kama sutra. People had sex before and after the message.

You don’t know what his wife said or if she said anything at all. You’re obligated to respect the man and his home. No man or woman would have private details of their married life talked about but you and others see it fit for Mohammed (csw). It is pure rubbish what Bukhari and others put in their books about the sexual details of his life and everyone since then who speaks of it is violating his sanctity. Disgusting lot.

Som@li   

Most somali marrieges fail cause of challenge of power at home, insteading of discussing, communicating, man decides something, and so as the wife............Traditionally men were the decision makers, bread-winners, but things have changed now, men must adopt to the changes, and this shouldnt make them unimportant.

If you love you hubby, and want to have a good marriege, cherish him, support, show him that you are happy on whatever he is doing, this will make him important.

Why men go for a second wife, the main reason is that they are not happy with their marriege.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Naden:

You don’t know what his wife said or if she said anything at all. You’re obligated to respect the man and his home. No man or woman would have private details of their married life talked about but you and others see it fit for Mohammed (csw). It is pure rubbish what Bukhari and others put in their books about the sexual details of his life and everyone since then who speaks of it is violating his sanctity. Disgusting lot.

Chill! You will have to excuse people for relying on Shiek Bukhari rather than Shiek Naden :D Disgusting lot indeed :D

Lazy...I wouldn't be in miserable marriage. If things go sour, and the couple can't be reconciled. I believe it is better for all involved to just part their ways. Having said, I think most Somalis hardly exhaust all their options. They simply opt for the easy way out.

For me though, I think my problems would have started after the goodbyes as I would like to keep the custody of my kids.

Devil.....All eventualities will be planned for. Marriage is social contract which should stipulate that any off-springs generated as result of this union have to be care for by both parents even if both patners are no longer together. Any parent that fails to do their part (breach of contract) will be heavily fined, and will also likely face jail time.

Som@li   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

^ LoL, duh. Question: Wouldn't the problems you mention arise in the second marriage, as well? When you move house, you take your baggage with you.

I was stressin why men go for a second marriege, which is escaping the misery..It is a short term solution which may yeild success,More success when it takes place back home. :D;)

Sacdiya   

Dabshid-are u sure about second marriage will be " more success when it takes place back home" if that is the case dab yar mashidaysid...haka waalin nimanka..lol.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Naden:

No man or woman would have private details of their married life talked about but you and others see it fit for Mohammed (csw). It is pure rubbish what Bukhari and others put in their books about the sexual details of his life and everyone since then who speaks of it is violating his sanctity. Disgusting lot.

No other man or woman would have, you are right on that.However,Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him wasn't just the average Joe as you make him seem,he is the one we all look up to as role model,he is the one that Allah has sent in order to rid the ignorance in people and to show the right path,not only worshiping but also normal routine things that we do in everyday life.

As Allah said in Suratul Ma'idah, “...This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” (5:3).Our religion is perfected from every corner,it answers every question,it either permitts or doesn't everything there is to do or not do..simply Islam covers the smallest details.

In this thread,as we discuss 'marriage', we are trying to look for every detail there is to support our claim,for that matter,it was only the wives of the Prophet that knew the private live of the prophet inside his home,therefore without them reporting how the Prophet went about his affairs inside his home,then we would be missing a whole portion of our faith from our daily lives as Muslims.

The truth is the truth,there is no shame involved.The prophet was the one we looked up to,even some of his companions tried to do every little thing just like the noble Prophet did to an extent that werent' neccesary.However,when it comes to taking the shower,in my opinion it's very important point to know that Muslim husband and wife should have the state of mind that they can do whatever they want together that is permissable,how shall we know that is permissible,because the Prophet peace be upon him did it,how do we know that,Aisha reported,how shall we know that Aisha said such thing,the trustworthy Islamic scholar Ibn Xajar Al Cazqalini wrote it in his book,how did he know it,Bukhari and so forth,so you see this the link we follow as Muslims Naden,not just 'pure rubish' as you illogically claimed.

You may know,but learning always starts with asking questions.

thanks,