Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Golden Ball Contenders..........state your case.

Baaniyal   

well no one deserves more than Nedved, that's for sure. WHat am laughing at are the players who mde it to the list and are simply crap. For example no need to look further than my own beloved club Arsenal. The list included that garbage of a player named Sylvain Wiltord. It is astonishing to see this player in the top 50 list,rather than the top shit list. Why build the ego for an already out-of form shit.

Baaniyal   

A complete Henry hater you are Shujui,so much so that no matter what he does your blind hatred for him will always hinder your judgement.But that's understandable from a guy who rates Totti as the world's best. Anyways here is BBC's version of the candidtaes who deserve the "Ballon D'or":

BBC Picks

Baaniyal   

Problem is Premadonnas are skillfull players with plenty of potential,but are hindered from improving or advancing because of their character. Like David Ginola or Alvaro Recoba. But when you are proven and among the nicest indivduals in the game,the word premadonna cannot be associated to you. I used to believe Becham was a premadonna,but he is proving me wrong with his consistent displays for the galacticos.

Thats true beckham has proven himself if nothing else a bigg game player, and has won at Man u the Chapions Leauge as well as playing many great games in countless Semi's and Qt's of Chapions League.

Now are u trying to say that Henry has proven himself a great Player on the Cub stage? perhaps a good player, but a great player.

I Struggle to think of an Individual at arsenal that has achieved that. And you cant have any excuses you have had many goes at it now, and yet u have only managed to achieve one Quater Final appreance, where Ray Parlour scored a fantistic goal, only to see henry waste a golden Oppotunity to close off the home tie 3-1.

Those are Facts, that u cnat ignore. In the premership and arsenal arsenal are 2 different teams why?? smile.gif ...

Baaniyal   

Arsenal's lack of success in the big stage has more to do with the rest of the team,rather than one individual like Henry. What many people don't seem to understand or notice is that Arsenal's style of play could work week in week out in the PL,due to the naievty of the defence there. But in the CL a more slower game with different options should be adopted. Arsenal is a team that does not play with headers,crosses or set pieces. I always ask myself why doesn't Wenger implant this on his players,but i guess he is looking for a totally different style of play. When a team plays with much lesser options than their highley established opponents(Inter) and manage to win comfortably it says alot about their potential.

Ask yourself this shujui,how does a club with the buying power of a first division club and a stadium with a mere capacity of 38,000,go toe to toe with the Manchesters,Inters and Juve's? When you answer that,you will understand the credit this club deserves.

Manchesters,Inters and Juve's? When you answer that,you will understand the credit this club deserves

I begg to differ

You see thats the point.

Man u have dominated the Premiership and have been a great european team. i'v lost counts of how many doubles amongst the trebile the'v won. And they have the champions league record for for 5 straight Quater Final appreance, Inc 2 Semi's and a Final.

Players like Giggs, Scoles, and Keane are plaers that are consistent performers at this level yet they havent even been mentioned for the short lists.

They year the worn the champions league Keane was should at least have been nominated, abit like Nedved he Was the the driving force behind great team performances.

Arsenal have done won winning 2 doubles, but significantly u havent dominated like man u i.e. 2 titles in a row. And in europe you have , to be polite, not done well at all.

Its abit like OwEn winning European player of the year very highly debated and dibious decision. But thats football, full of suprises.