Sign in to follow this  
BOB

England's Problem Hidden By Cultural Arrogance.

N.O.R.F   

Spot on and this is what all boils down to:

Spanish, Portuguese and South American players in particular have these values ingrained from birth. You can guarantee Cesc Fabregas will never have been applauded for 'getting the ball in the mixer' during his spell in the Barcelona Academy. By contrast, walk down to any park in England on a Sunday afternoon and count how many times the next generation are encouraged to 'get stuck in'.

If you have played football at school level, its never about skill and tatctics. Its always about running, running and running. If you could last 90 mins of long balls, tackles and harsh conditions, you're in the team every week.

Thierry.   

“If in doubt boot it out, let’s go for route 1, get stuck in, never pass from corner, smash the ball back in a scramble in the box”.

This is what English footie boils down to, systematically praising of things that would make a continental European or a South American holding Midfielder look like a ballet dancer.

Number of times I remember the school coach having a go at the Angolans and Somalis for dribbling there way out of the box, but on the ball we had more confidence than highest earning English Premier league player.

It is not only football, Britain needs a cultural revolution, were taking risks and failing is praised not frowned upon, were patience and humbleness should be virtuous to be proud of.

Abtigiis   

Norf,

Then if you knew this, why did you say England is among the favourites!!

I have no issue with you being an England fan, but let us please realise the limitations of the teams we support.

I am a very strong fan of Turkey, but I know they are not going to win the 2014 World Cup, even though they are still techically better than the English.

N.O.R.F   

Did I say they were the favourites? Waar I said I was going with my heart rather than my head. Just like I do with Liverpool regardless who they're playing.

Wax arag!

Abtigiis   

Haa, you give that impression at times, but let us forget it. you were certainly hopeful. Hadda yaad leedhahay will win this cup? If I follow your pattern of getting carried away in the heat of after-match's, inaad Spain caashaqsantahay unbaan umaleyn. :D:D

But you are warned. Spain are not going to win the world cup. They panic and they don't have the mental strength to go all the way.

N.O.R.F   

With numerous CL, La Liga winners they've got more metal than Brazil.

I am now with Ghana. Still following my heart.

Abtigiis   

loooooooooooo@England having more metal than Brazil. Loooooooool. That is fine.

But you are still cowardly running away from telling your head. I asked you who do you say will win, using your head. Heart is a different matter and I may want Ghana too.

Hadda sheeg cidda aad isleedahay koobka ayey qaadan. hadhow ayaad rabtaa inaad la soo boodid 'I knew Argentina or Spain will do'. To get the boasting right later, bite the bullet now and say who!! :D:D

BOB   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

Norf,

Then if you knew this, why did you say England is among the favourites!!

^^^ :D:D:D

Waar adigu England maxaa ku daba dhigay? Dee faraha ka qaad masaakiinta wey hadheene:D

I am a very strong fan of Turkey, but I know they are not going to win the 2014 World Cup,

Now that is the A&T I know and came to love...cabsi kuguma ogi ee Show Your True Colours...you support Brazil because you think they can win the world cup...Priceless :D

^^^but wait what about your beloved Romania huh? :D

A&T SOL will be dull place without you...Believe me I look forward to reading your posts except balaayada aad politicska ku qorto laakiin inta kale I LOVE IT ;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Bal ninkan eega :D

A&T

But you are warned. Spain are not going to win the world cup. They panic and they don't have the mental strength to go all the way.

Norf

With numerous CL, La Liga winners they've got more metal than Brazil.

A&T

loooooooooooo@England having more metal than Brazil. Loooooooool. That is fine.

Thank you A&T, thank you :D:D:D

Ample evidence of your madax adayg. If you had a fight with a wall your head would win :D

Abtigiis   

Fiiri Muxuyadiinoow,

I know how much I wept as a young man when Maradona's Argentina beat Brazil in 1990 (walaahi laba saac ayaan electricity pole ku tiirsanaa anigoo aad moodo in aabahay la dilay. Now, i am big enough not to be soft-hearted about a game. Laakin don't say I support Brazil just because I think they will win. I am a true fan of theirs.

But in tournaments, you also like some other teams.

England, been ayey iska dhaadhiciyeen, and I want them to get out of the self-deception that they are good footballing nation. They are not, and luckily they are starting to realise.

Xariifkan Norf ah CL iyo Premier league unbay kaga dhagtay. Waa sidii ninkii indhaha la'aa ee yidhi Maroodigu dabangaale ma la'eg yahay oo kale. He doesn't know Heskey and Neville are playing in the Preimier league but Valdivia is not. Yet, that doesn't mean Heskey is a better player. :D:D

Ilaa uu PL iyo CL hebel kuma aragta ka baxo, murankiisa waa lagu shax-guuri. Faysal cali Waraabe oo aad kubad isku haysataan uun weeye. I mean Faysal waxay uga bilaabataa aduunku Somaliland, Iyadaa unbuuna ugu dhamaadaa. :D:D

Norf, Mr. CL,

Ma Spain ayaad u jeeday. Let them get one star on their shirt and we will debate about the metal thing. :D:D

NGONGE   

Acting like the English media here. England have a good team, they just had a bad tournment. Just like Italy, just like France and just like Nigeria (did you hear about their president banning the team from taking part in tournments for two years? Now that's what I call an overreaction). :D

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Thierry.:

“If in doubt boot it out, let’s go for route 1, get stuck in, never pass from corner, smash the ball back in a scramble in the box”.

This is what English footie boils down to, systematically praising of things that would make a continental European or a South American holding Midfielder look like a ballet dancer.

Number of times I remember the school coach having a go at the Angolans and Somalis for dribbling there way out of the box, but on the ball we had more confidence than highest earning English Premier league player.

It is not only football, Britain needs a cultural revolution, were taking risks and failing is praised not frowned upon, were patience and humbleness should be virtuous to be proud of.

Lol, i remember this teacher telling us, "you somalis boys are naturally skillf, but you don't get stuck in or something like that". "And some of you beat the man three times. :D He also said pace and strength is the first things he looks 4 when scouting players in the local county,and not skill.

N.O.R.F   

A&T,

So Brazil have the mental strength even though they don't have many CL 'winners' (Kaka, Maicon, Lucio and Alves) but Spain don't (Casillas twice, Puyol twice, Pique, Xavi twice, Alonso). Spain are also European Champions. A tougher tournament to win than the Copa america.

Markaa waxaagu waa madax adayg saxib.