Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Conversation between a Kenyan Policeman and an Innocent Citizen

STOIC   

jokes aside for a second pals, if they mistreat the somalis like this why give their flag publicity? or shall say ad.

underdog   

Stoic, you can't generalize an entire nation because of the actions of a few. Are you being treated like royalty in ATL?

We as Somalis prospered in Kenya, before and after the war. Don't let minor setbacks blind you to the bigger picture.

STOIC   

did i hear minor setbacks? when you look at the history of the somali community in kenya it is a sad one.The struggle for recognition,the economic calculation,and the poor state of education.lets not divorce the reality of the state of somali people from our hearts.i was born and raised in kenya, my family goes two, three generation back, so please dont think that iam just against kenya as a country.For those who care to look the evidence is everywhere that kenya is not a good place for the somalis.don't get me wrong iam kenyati just like you people.

Paragon   

raula...looool Hizo ni ..erm..y'know! :D hehe

lol underdog...have you been given a chance ya kujitetea. It goes like ...eh! na unasema haujafanya mkosa yoyote, saa hebu jitetea tuone kama una ongea ukweli...! Remember one has ever succeeded in coming up with better excuses....

One night they caught me and asked me to repeat, " I am a dandihead hundred times" hehe you should have seen me! damn... When I was done...i was so glad but they told me there was one more thing left to do before they let me go...

They told me to position my right-hand index finger on the ground while bending and rotate as fast as I can...lol I did so...never stop even once ..till i ha d a madax-wareer....and ordered me to run as fast as possiple ...

The result? damn you don't wonna know! They stood stood there and laughed at me run and fall, stand and fall...

Very cruel indeed!

underdog   

"just like you people"???? what makes you think I'm a "Kenyati"? is that an assumption on your part based on me speaking the language?

The struggle for recognition,the economic calculation,and the poor state of education.

I'm not sure where you lived and what your particular situation was, BUT that line is a blatant lie. Apart from Indians, No other ethnic community has enjoyed more economic success as Somalis. And you say a poor state of education???? The level of education our somali brothers and sisters are getting in Canadian and US high schools, does not come close to Kenyan eduaction. You might not get a job in Kenya, but high school graduates there are definately better educated than the ones here.

STOIC   

Underdog time is not on my side at the moment but i think we can discuss this some other time.Let me touch on the issue of education.History of education in kenya has not been kind to North eastern province.This province has always been the worst, Who lives in that province? somalis.To be brief i think no where did i compared the education of kenya to the west.i for one did benefited from the kenyan education but i think criticism of their unfair treatment to the somalis is wide open for the public .For the part of the language iam sorry if did label you what you are not.Language is something that any one can pop up and learn.