Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Once again, terrorists bomb Mogadishu. Many people are dead.

galbeedi   

Didn't we said the attacks would get worse few weeks ago?. 

Soon the parliament or the presidential palace could be stormed by the terrorists.

If we keep pointing the figure to the canon fodder kids thrown to the fire , then we might not get the answers. This the repeat of 2014, when major hotels, parliament and government buildings were attacked and stormed after the initial blast.

Last week I did talk one of those from diaspora members who went to Mogadishu to participate the review of the constitution. He came back without any work been done after a parliamentary committee rejected the process led by minister Xoosh. He said that after few days, they met the president with the group and this time he said president Farmaajo spoke frankly about the issues his government is facing.

Some of the guests mentioned that the city was i better shape security wise from 2016, and Farmaajo said , " That might be true but so far we do not have any intelligence people that  embedded or could report from inside their activity" , Amaanku gacayayada kuma jiro " was the words he used. He also said that he had been attacked from many sides.  The gulf is waging an offensive, the neighboring countries are not collaborating well and the regional governments are on the offensive. At the time of this meeting regional governments were convening in Ksmaayo. The academic told me that the president said, " Madax ayaan la soo bixi kari laahay oo dhinac walba  weerar baa igaga socda". It is the end of the year soon, and there are no trained soldiers in the pipeline. Yet, he said there were a lot of dinner parties and other feats going on in the big hotels. No wonder the terrorists target this hotel's since they know who is partying there.

He made this speech before the bombing of October 14, so he might have sensed what is going on. We all heard the news that Turkey is willing to make Somalia strategic partner in many issues, but as we speak, president Farmaajo went to Uganda and asked them to send more troops. In fact he asked them 5,000 soldiers. He also went to Ethiopia and asked more. As I said the kid was already intimidated to give up the shop like his predecessor Hassan Sheikh. If he thinks Uganda , djibouti and Ethiopia will sacrifices  for his own security , he is mistaken.

As we see he is helpless , and We Somalis must help him to fix some of the issues for the next few years, but we must realize that this president will not bring us out of the mess in the foreseeable future. Almost everyone that I talk to tells me that if we were lucky enough to get out of the mess , it won't be the president but prime minister Khayre who must do the heavy lifting. THey said the problem is the prime minister is weakened by the Galmudug guys and others. In their thinking, the president is out of touch and weak as a person.

Aan ooyee albaaka ii xidha.

galbeedi   

Libaax ,

Salaam , It has been long time since you have been in this board. 

I think they are emboldened, and the issue of locals tolerating their activity is on the microscope.  Insurgency usually thrives with local support. I hate to put down our president, but he needs real help. The intelligence issue is very important, and if you do not have informers with these people you are doomed. At the same time I would give Farmaajo credit for speaking frankly and talking about the weaknesses of the system.

I heard there is a big shuffle of the cabinet soon to energize the government. 

galbeedi   

Subhana Allah. Allah ha u Naxariisto.I just watched the clips yesterday and heard some of the casualties. Certainly this was a huge tragedy. Very prominent Somalis have died in this heinous crime. Madoobe Nuunow was the most senior South west politician. 

The Sheikh is correct. There is nowhere to run. If these killers are coming to hotels that means they have free reign in the other districts. This was a huge operation of teams both for the bombs and those who stormed. 

I urge Farmaajo to declare state of emergency. Suspend the constitution and the parliament. If October 14 wasn't D Day , I do not know what to expect next. 

galbeedi   

We need more information. Someone just told me that in that those who were trying to replace Shariif Hassan were based on that Hotel. He said most of their meetings for the last few weeks were held in that hotel. 

Galbeedi, waan ku salaamay Awoowe. 

I just read Madoobe Nuunoow, one of the most prominent Somali politicians was among the dead.  Ilaahay ha naxariisto Madoobe, reerkiisa iyo qaraabadiisana samir iyo iimaan. 

madobe-nuunow.jpg

galbeedi   

THis was really a well planned attack. Imagine that some of the most prominent sheikhs of MOgadishu like Sheekh Cali Wajis and Sheekh Nuur Baaruud were there. This were the most critical Sheikhs who oppose the terrorist agenda of Al-shabaab. Their death could have been a huge blow to the nation.

They are killing the Ullema, the officers and generals, the nationalist parliamentarians and intellectuals. If they eliminate those who have a conscience , then those who left behind will be cruel businessmen who are after profit , selfish politician and tribal leaders.