Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Coup is now underway in Turkey. Erdogan's whereabouts unknown

Holac   

Turkey will enter a sad period of civil war. I hope this coup never takes hold.

This may be the end of Turkey. What a shame.

galbeedi   

Turkish media says, a group of soldiers from the first army tried the coup. They took over basically television stations and some important places. The commander of Istanbul region said they are in control and the plotters will be crushed.

The plotters killed some police officers which are all against the coup. One of their helicopters were also shot down. They will not succeed. They will get some badly needed publicity from CNN and the foreign press who will have a field day about instability in Turkey.

Erdogan will have a good excuse to clean the house from the old guard military members.

This is not 1980. Viva Turkey, Viva Erdogan.

Holac   

I could not stomach watching CNN, FOX and even the EU chanels.

It is really amazing how biased the Western media is.

galbeedi   

Turkey is not Egypt. In NATO, only USA and Britain are more powerful than Turkey. They have the second largest army in NATO . In economic terms, they are #15, and by 2025, they will be the tenth largest economy with 90 million people.

Turkey will be stronger despite the failed coup.

galbeedi   

I wish Erdogan would have intervened Syria earlier, establish no fly zone and protect the civilians fleeing the conflict within Syria.

galbeedi   

A US general, Wesley Clark came out early and indirectly told the plotters about their weakness of not controlling TV and internet, and be hold , soon CNN Turk and others media were put off line.

They did not condemn immediately the illegal coups attempt, but they are pointing out the how a coup should be staged. If this are your friends, who needs....

Holac   

I saw an earlier CNN live report where the hosts were hoping the Turks waving the Turkish flags on the streets were actually secular supporters of the coup. lol.

The Western media has completely turned into a joke.

Erdogan will come out of this stronger. Obama may have played his hands early.

Tallaabo   

The Turkish police officers and the men and women who risked their lives to overpower the tanks and the armed soldiers in order to stop the takeover of their country by anti Islam forces are in my opinion the true mujaahidiin. This act of bravery and sacrifice by the noble Turks should be an example to all Muslims. This is true Islam indeed.

Coofle   

*Erdogan will finally have the mandate to make considerable changes in Military fabric of Turkey.

@Holac, Western Media were banging about Erdogan for quite some time, not considering the fact that politically stable, internationally engaged and economically viable Turkey that was forged under AKP has shielded Europe from the Refugee crisis, Russian Hegemony and the middle east fiasco they created.