Sign in to follow this  
xabad

Syria conflict: Bashar Assad vows to retake whole country

xabad   

2e8e5428ecfb50671998133741b6730d35cad2a1

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has said that he intends to retake "the whole country" from rebel forces.

In a rare interview, he told AFP news agency that defeating the groups ranged against him could take some time due to the involvement of regional powers.

World powers have agreed to push for a cessation of hostilities in a week's time.

This ignoble rat riding the back of the Russian bear and Iranian mercenaries thinks he can take back all of Syria. Deluded chinless despot.

Mr Assad said European governments had caused the migration crisis "by giving cover to terrorists in the beginning and through sanctions imposed on Syria".

"I would like to ask every person who left Syria to come back," he said. "They would ask 'why should I come back? Has terrorism stopped?'."

He really has a mental defect.

Mr Assad rejected recent accusations by the UN that his government was guilty of war crimes.

Earlier this month, UN human rights investigators said the Syrian government had carried out a state policy of extermination against thousands of detainees.

The depth of cynicism is just gob-smacking.

He will go down in history alongside Pol Pot, Hitler, and Stalin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35561845

galbeedi   

"He really has a mental defect".

Even if he wins after killing one million, displacing 5 million more, who is he going to rule?. Only in the middle east. I do not think there is anyone in the whole world who would sleep at night and wants to be called a president in a ruined country.

How many more he wants to kill?

Mooge   

I think asad has disabilities. his face looks weird. lol

but this Putin person trying to exterminate a whole nation, Russians are cawaan walahi. they never learn their lesson.

Holac   

Everyday Asad wakes up he thinks about his future. He knows the Russians will not hesitate to sell him out when the right offer comes.

xabad   

Must feel like the apocalypse if your Syrian Sunni, assailed from all sides by pitiless enemies. Aerial bombardment, siege starvation, disease, Shabiha, Daesh etc. Their suffering is incomprehensible, its numbing.

We got off easy by comparison.

galbeedi   

Waa runtaa, this Sunnis are really suffering. I do believe most of the Arab world will experience worse than what we went through. It is not over yet. Algeria, Egypt, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia and even Sudan will face some kind of apprising in the future. We already have seen Yemen, Libya, Syria, Somalia, and Iraq.

This Putin guy is a blood thirsty dictator. He murdered 80,000 Chechens to get selected President by that drunkard Boris Yelsin.

He is complaining about Turkey, yet he is the one who came thousands of miles to intervene a civil that doesn't concern him. I think Erdogan should have invaded northern Syria long time ago to create a buffer zone for refugees and civilians.

Well, what you expect When you have a weak leader in the white house. He is enfolding his enemies.

xabad   

^^ Putin will say Russia has strategic interests in Syria. They have a naval port in Tartus. Assad has been a loyal dog of theirs for all these years. He was also vehemently opposed to the deposing of Ghaddafi, afterwards he vowed Assad will not face the same fate. As a dictator himself, he is threatened by the overthrow of another dictator. It's said he was so panicked when President Viktor Yanukovych of Ukraine was deposed, that he threatened to use Nuclear Weapons.

Algeria is safe, so is Egypt, Saudi Arabia is too big to fail as far is IC is concerned, it's demise is far off into the future. Sudan and Djibouti are African basket cases for whom one would bat an eyelid if they disappeared from the map tomorrow.

I am afraid for Turkey. Mark my words, Erdogan is a deranged man and will lead Turkey to disaster. He is balling beyond his league, behaving recklessly. Turkey under him is rapidly becoming a Pariah state.

Big bully Putin scuppered his Buffer Zone plan; which really was an excuse to crush Syrian Kurds. Inside Turkey, he is brutally massacring their brethren in the South East, while hectoring to the world about the plight of the Syrian Sunnis.

Obama is blameless in all this. Leave him alone.