Sign in to follow this  
realsomali2016

Question

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

How much mullah would it take to start a good business in Somalia. (Ex. Store) I'm directing my question to someone who have knowledge of the current economical situation in Muqdisho.

I don't how much it will cost but i can guarantee you if you open a store it will fail. Don't ever go into shop business in Somalia.

if you start any business that can be replicated by maryooley you're in trouble, because they are already hundreds of them or they will immediately open shop after you. The only safe enterprises are ones that require technical expertise, that will stump them and they can't copycat you.

My advise is to do your homework and find a niche market, avoid the round the mill somali ganacsiyaal and look at something innovative, that is needed back home and neglected by locals and be bold.

Business you should avoid at all costs include, restaurants, farmashiyes, trucks, shops of any kind, hotels, importing goods like medicene, fadhi carbeed, darka haweenka iwm. opening up university ku sheeg, land buying, farming, etc. rule of thumb any business maryooley are in avoid like hot tar.

Thank you for your input. I am back to square one given that I should avoid all the business Ideas I had in mind. If I may ask, What prove do you have that these business strategies are disastrous.

xabad   

<cite>

Thank you for your input. I am back to square one given that I should avoid all the business Ideas I had in mind. If I may ask, What prove do you have that these business strategies are disastrous.

Been there.

What business did you have in mind, tafaasiil aan kaa sii siiyee ?

REAL

IGNORE xabad

it depends on the amount of $$$ you want to spend.do you want to settle in mogadishu for ever,my family is importing wholesale sugar/wheat and we are doing super-well off.transporation is also good,since transporration is an issue is fast growing mogadishu,you can buy a couple of homeys.

then there is the lucrative part farming and fishing and you invest little money there

Xabad...adiga tacsi lee wadaa hhhh sidee aan kuu gu sheegaa my business idea wax kaste waaba kaso horjeedaa.

Asad, yes, I am planning to move back home in sha Allah, thats why I was curious to know what's like in Muqdisho. Asad, are you located in Muqdisho?

xabad   

<cite>

Xabad...adiga tacsi lee wadaa hhhh sidee aan kuu gu sheegaa my business idea wax kaste waaba kaso horjeedaa.

i am just telling the unvarnished truth sxb, i know so many people who got burnt and are back to square 0. importing of foodstuff like aasad ie wheat an s sugar waxaa xirtay casabo and you can't enter it, monopoly. if you want good news the only place i could invest would be land and then resell after some time, can't think of anything else that would work there. its all of somalia not mogadishu only.

i am trying to learn auto repair, so that after a few years when i relocate i can open a legit garage not macmal wax ah. the money is in these types of ventures, anything that requires a little expertise and khibrad is like dinosaur status over there. people are lazy , sit all dayr sip coffe and chit chat instead of exerting themselves and actually getting fulfillment from real work.

Ganacsi soomali ma taqaan, yaan been laguu sheegin, you have to study business to succeed, i suggest you take business courses.

Hhh xabad, well for one, I cant do auto repair because no somali man would take his car to any mechanic who happens to be a woman hhhh. And, the whole selling land thing is not for me. Well, I will keep searching and researching. Thanks.

xabad   

so your a woman, thought was dealing with a faarax

different expectations for you, i am sure they are still business geared to women you explore.

bye