Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Puntland Is Officially Dead Under Gas Leadership

Dr_Osman   

I am creating this topic because it pains me to see how low Puntland has gone since this new administration has taken over. We have lost a-lot of political ground lately to Mogadishu because lets not kid ourselves the dam jadid crew financed Gas in the elections and the only reason they financed him is because they knew full well he is bad for Puntland. Can anyone see how slow the projects have been for the past two years in Puntland. Under Farole projects were popping up left right and center nearly every month you would hear of a new development happening. But now with this gaas there is no projects happening at all. No new schools, hospitals, roads, or private investment it's completely dead under his leadership.

I am not a big fan of this loser Gaas, he can't even pay the soldiers and their is a mutiny happening every month or so due to his incompetence, he is taking away every penny from Puntland so he can run for President in Mogadishu. Why doesn't he source his funds from international friends like he claims he has like the Mogadishu folks source their money from Qatar.

Who is with me, do you also think Gaas is bad for Puntland, isn't it time our parliamentarians begin a motion against this loser? should we wait and just hope he wins somalia election in 2016 and he leaves us that way? what strategy should we take with this guy? Please guys contribute any other negatives you seen with Gaas. Puntland is literally dying under this man and I can't just sit there any longer hoping he will change. I was sitting there for 2 years not commenting much on SOL because I find our leadership is terrible and Puntland is stagnating.

Mooge   

niyoow I visited Puntland recently and things are not good economically because puntlander business people have started investing in mogadishu and took all their money as soon as they heard about Mogadishu is booming. puntland needs to ban those greedy bastards taking all their money to mogadishu like Somaliland does. the greedy businessmen did it during siyad barre's time and they were all robbed and humiliated by HAGs during the civil war and they came back empty handed to puntland. now they are doing the same thing walahi. this is what Faroole was always fighting against. he was always on-gauard against this. his speeches are on Youtube niyoow.

let us admit niyoow, we don't have good business community that is patriotic like the Somaliland business community. faroole warned about this many times niyoow and he made many speeches warning puntlanders not to move their money out of puntland and go to Nairobi, mogadishu and other places.

Gaas has never done anyting about this threat. he is not suitable for puntland politics niyoow. he is a good person and is a very capable guy but he is not the best person to handle the clan politics and the complaints from relatives niyoow. he is very pessimistic all the time and that is really bad if you want to be a leader. he always talks about how he is being attacked by hebel and how his life is made difficult by other people or clan this, clan that. i met him and i could not hear any one word of positive of where he wants to take puntland. he was complaining the whole 2 hours i was with him.

mujahid faroole also had shortcomings but he was a project man. you are right. he was always fighting to get something for the state. gaas is trying hard for projects too but his priorities are many, including his fixation with mogadishu project. if you remember, Faroole completely ignored mogadishu and never paid attention to it. abdiweli is chasing a dream that is not good for puntland. the state is really losing economic activity and Gaas has to start paying attention instead of dining with damjadiid and fake phantom federal states.