Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

DARK Horses in the FIFA 2010 WORLD CUP

there is a high chance Brazil will finish 2nd in that group.

Ivory can beat Porturgal and Korea and a draw with Brazil will help them win the group.

Abtigiis   

Don't count on Ivory Coast. There is no defence in that team. I doubt they will manage to beat North Korea. They may have a good game against Portugal though.

Tuujiye   

^^ lee you picked Portugal over Ivory coast? lool.. war ninyahoo ma taqaanid kubad...

War, if Argentina ends up in the semi-final, it is a miracle. They don't have a good defence at all. I know your logic. Messi is there and therefore all is rosy.

A&T do you know almost all your Inter defence player are Argentinians? war ileen waad iska hada shaa..marna no faani Inter iyo difaaceeda marna Argentina difaaceeda caay..kaalay super powers mee ka helaan funaanada Inter marka ee xiran yihiin? kala hadalkaan naga dhaaf... Argentina has one of the best defensive players but what they lack is Midfield...Thats why they need qashinkii Rekalme..

Brazil hadee face gareyso Spain, wee u dhamaatay inkastoo aan aad iyo aad spain u necbahay, Brazil tabar ee goal ku dhaliso ma laha...unless ee qaataan Ronaldinho lool...mr creator waaye ninkaas abti!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Abtigiis   

So, this means you still don't know Walter Samuel and Zenetti are not playing in the World cup for Argentina? These are Inter's defenders not De Michelles and Otomandi who Maradona prefers. If he plays Walter Samuel, I think it will be a decent defence.

Argentina's key man in the midfield is Veron. What does that tell you? The only good side (which can compensate for the weakneses elsewhere) is the attack. I expect Messi, Da Tolo and Angel Di Maria to be the key men for Argentina.

Polanyi   

lol@ivory coast. they will get stuffed by both brazil and portugal and they will be lucky to beat Korea. There is something wrong with Afrikanka at word cups........i think it's the drogba mentality we saw on the penalty issue with lampard( lack of team cohesion and a desire for everyone to be a hero).........

Abtigiis   

Karl, football-daft Tuujiye and Bob look at individual players who are doing well in their clubs, and forget to see the importance of strong mentality in football. They tend to forget Eboue will get red-carded, Kollo will concede a penalty and their goalie Bobacar is useless.

If you check WW.WFIFA.COM, they posted a poll asking which team will progress from group G. Guess what? so far, Ivory Coast is put at 4th place even lower than North Korea.

Abtigiis   

looooooo Ngonge. Ileen you compensate for your not watching games by following these sites. They are not wide off the mark.

Whoever has little hope England would win the world cup must see what awaits them if they could move from their group. They must play any one of Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Uruguay, Australia, Germany etc. And we know they can't pass through these hurdles.

Brazil too is not going to have an easy ride.

NGONGE   

^^ England squad. :D (where is Norf?).

GOALKEEPERS

Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

DEFENDERS

Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

MIDFIELDERS

Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips

FORWARDS

Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney

Read more:

here

He'll have to trim it down to 23 before the world cup. King is going home. Heh.

Polanyi   

Carragher? I thought he retired ages ago? And huddlestone is bakhti.

good 2 see Adam Johnson though.

NGONGE   

^^ They need cover for Johnson and the centre of defence. Note, however, that Zamorra was not picked. :D

Tuujiye   

Huddlestone, Jamie Carragher, Stephen Warnock, Michael Dowson and scott parker in uu qaato ma aheen...

I think the final cut will be made after the Mexico game..

I like Darren Bent, just like Rooney he had a solid year... good to see Joe Cole in the line up and does not because he is a chelsea man, but Joe worked his a$$ off to get in....

I still think England's Back is weak...I don't see this team getting far deep..

A&T Maradona didn't make the selection yet saaxiib so don't speak too soon as always...

and mida kale, you picked Austarelia over Ghana and and the serbs? do you think Austarelia will be coming out of that group? ghanna is the best African team this year sxb

Karl..I hope my African teams proof you wrong... I like the Bafana boys and Ghanna..I also like Nigeria which... Africa has a good chance this year people so come down...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Polanyi   

It's not surprising Zamora wasn't picked as Crouch, Heskey,Defoe and Rooney have established themselves in the qualifiers. Heskey will probably start with Rooney purely because of the way he played with rooney in the qualifiers.

What suprises me is the inclusion of Bent though. I've watched him play for england several times and he didn't do nothing. He also plays in a similar fashion to defoe and defoe is clearly the better of the two, so why not pick Zamora ahead of Bent and maybe give him sixty minutes in the two upcoming games? There would be nothing to lose.

edit; tujjiye, Parker is cover for barry.

Abtigiis   

Tuujiye,

ma maqlin dheh, don't say Maradona didn't make his choice. He said that the team that beat Germany will start for Agrentina.

Midda kale, ma Veron iyo Macherano ayaad ka sugaysaa inay Messi kubad u dhiibaan?