Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Going to London... neighbourhood suggestions

Safferz   

Hostel? You're trying to get me murdered huh >:(

It's gone off tangent now but my original reason for starting the thread was to get suggestions for neighbourhoods in London within a relatively easy commuting distance to Kew Gardens, that perhaps SOLers more familiar with London would know. I'm not thinking too much about cost right now, I'll worry about that once I can focus on a few specific areas to find a place.

Mooge   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Still a long way to go, Mooge! I'm actually moving to Ethiopia in November for a year and a half, which I'm looking forward to.

I've lost interest in visiting Kenya though, after recent events. But I have friends in Tanzania that I'd like to visit
:)

qalanjo saafi, i am heartbroken to hear you going to ethiopia instead of nairobi. are you going to Addis Abbaba? jigjiga would be nice.

what is the title for your upcoming book or thesis or whatever you are working on?

Safferz   

Sorry Mooge :P Yes, I'll be in Addis for the first 6-7 months, after that I plan to spend the rest of the time in the Somali region, mostly Jijiga. It's an interesting city and I'll finally have the chance to perfect my Somali :) I haven't figured out a title yet, but it's a project on the history of the Somali region of Ethiopia.

nuune   

Safferz, you do know certain someone is already heartbroken of hearing you staying in London then in Ethiopia for good, I hope inuusan qosol gariir ku dhicin, okey, sxbkey Alpha faraha ayaan ka qaadayaa lol

Anyone, the whole of London is filled with hotels of different budgets, so, all you have to do is go to websites like Booking.com or Hotels.com, or Trivago, then you will find cheaper one's of good quality of course.

The point is, the mentoned websites had hotels that are good quality, at least from my experience in booking hotels in many cities I have been to.

Other than that, Jigjiga is your final frontier miyaa, caadi ma tihid, for somehow, this city is not my type, but Dire Dawa all the way is my fav city for many reasons, okey one of them is the quite, the weather, no nonsense attitude(Jigjiga worst in this category).

Enjoy your studies & Research.

Safferz   

Thanks nuune -- Jijiga isn't my favourite city in eastern Ethiopia either (I prefer Dire and Harar), but I have a number of reasons to be based there while I research. It is the capital of the Somali region, after all :)

<cite>
said:</cite>

Safferz
, you do know certain someone is already heartbroken of hearing you staying in London then in Ethiopia for good, I hope inuusan qosol gariir ku dhicin, okey, sxbkey
Alpha
faraha ayaan ka qaadayaa lol

Good one, abti. lol

i've moved on. i reckon she's moved on, you know.