Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Munira and Idil speak Somali - inaa vote i siisi waaye.

Probably because Munira was of a different clan background -facepalm-. Whatever the reason was. It would have been better to vote for Munira, who else would vote for her? Somali's need to help each other as a minority group in that country. You can bet yourself if it was a Chinese or Indian or any other, the majority of their community would support them.

<cite>
said:</cite>

It's unexplainable and most don't even know enough about the different platforms to articulate a reason for voting for Doug Ford (and Rob Ford, as many Somalis are in Ward 1 where Rob was running for a city council seat). A friend of my dad's was at the Ward 1 polling station and saw lines of Somalis, and when he asked them to vote for Munira they said no -- we're Ford Nation.

Little correction: Muniira Abuukar ran in Etobicoke North Ward 2 against Rob Ford as a counsillor. She came fourth with 1,200 votes, I think. Not bad for a very young first timer and considering who she was against with. Highrises in Dixon is located in this ward.

Idil Buraale ran in Etobicoke North Ward 1. She received close to 900 votes. Idil also ran against old long-time council member.

True, Soomaali badan ayaa ka dambeeyo this Ford brand, including guys I know very well, who ironically live in guryo dowladeed. I ask them, 'Do you guys even know Fords want to sell those very public buildings if they are allowed to?'

It always annoyed me to see that since I live in Ward 2 as well. They have no idea what Fords' policies are about whatsoever, yet defend them, especially Rob.