Sign in to follow this  
Adam

America: Police shoot Another black kid from behind

<cite>
said:</cite>

Dox. Victorian is a period of time, en era. I think you and I simply disagree on the severity of the challenges faced African-Americans.

No, I know very well that the challenges are very severe.

But I remember once, I heard from a drug-addiction counselor. That the only way the drug addict will ever recover from his addiction, is if he cares about recovering more than anyone else does. The drug-addict's parents, siblings, friends and counselors won't care about the drug-addict beating his addiction and making a recovery, if the addict himself doesn't care about it.

And the Black Man can never uplift himself unless he first cares about his own community. Him claiming that "The Government doesn't care about us" or "The Police don't care about us" doesn't mean anything since the Black Man doesn't even care about himself or his own community. And only HE has the ability to fix the deep-rooted issues in his own community. No one else can do it except him.

He has the power to be self-sufficient and independent, but he chooses not to exercise that power, and he adopts a culture of dependency and victim-hood which just traps him in this cycle of poverty and hopelessness. He needs to depend on himself just like every other race depends on themselves.

Bill Cosby, Frederick Douglass, and Malcolm X spoke extensively about this.

Adam   

Another young black man has been shot in Fergusson. Looking at the numbers, One can see that White America( majority) and black america ( minority ) have different views and trust in the system working .

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/08/80_percent_of_black_people_thi.html.

It also speaks volume that a suburb with majority black population has only 4% black officers 96 percentage White . Zero black members of local city council but black count for majority of stop and fined.

The race question in America is still as explosive as ever. Ferguson may be a majority black town, but power lies among the white elite.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/opinion/in-ferguson-black-town-white-power.html