Mooge

Professor Ghaandi proposes that Somali Capital moved to another city.

I actually think Baydhabo is good idea. The local population can be persuaded to support the Government. The six vs three states issue might be an issue. Mukhtar Robow has fallen out of favor with Alshabab and many of his tribesmen went with him. My only thing is Woyane presence. I don't want to see Woyanes in a Somali Capital.

Holac   

I am torn on this one. Part of me tells me it would be a great idea, but I not so sure.

Perhaps we should wait for President Culusow to leave office and things may get better.

<cite>@Dhagax-Tuur said:</cite>

People whose interests lie in having the capital in their backyard would spin the relocation of the capital as a thefty from their tribesmen.

And I do believe that many who are pushing this agenda aren't driven by 'the nation's interest ' but Stealing the limelight from reer hebel.

Well said.

they want it in one sq mile garowe!

<cite>
said:</cite>

LOL i laugh at people thinking change of the capital will make a difference. Moving the capital won't solve anything. Al Shabab is at war with the government
and Mogadishu is the seat of the government
. If the capital were to be moved, the violence will move to the new capital.

I, too, chuckle at the naïveté of folks who wish to move our national capitol elsewhere. If anything, this is a very shortsighted suggestion and one that wishes for Somalis to forever avoid their problems instead of confronting them head-on.

There is nothing wrong with Mogadishu remaining our national capital-- the problem here is an incompetent president who is hellbent on aiding anarchists who fear a strong government that will hold them accountable. This is the problem that Somalis must face with a united front! All this talk of moving the capital is nothing more than running away from our problems.

Let's hold Culosow accountable. Let's rebuild out justice system and let's not avoid confronting the challenging problems our country must overcome!

On 7/29/2014 at 11:37 AM, galbeedi said:

The time for this debate has . It should happened long time ago. " jiritaanka ummadda iyo caasimada midkee muhiimsan". The Somali people should not wait another twenty years to have a functioning state, because the Capital is unsafe. How many more have to be refugees., how many have to die in the shark infested oceans.

In the real world peacebuilding and statebuilding starts from the save areas controlled by the government, then slowly it spreads to the area controlled by insurgents or others. At minimum the government must have peaceful base to operate. Since 2000, when the Carta government was established, successive governments have been relocating to Mogadishu knowing the insecurity. a

We all have been brainwashed to accept that paying Mogadishu is the key for the Somali State. Well, for how long?

Moving to smaller town will definitely eliminate v, the threat of terrorism, or substantially reduce it.

Galbeedi, seven years later you still believe, I guess.