Sign in to follow this  
Homunculus

The Measles outbreak might have started in the Somali community.

The source was a 30-month-old US-born child of Somali descent infected while visiting Kenya. Measles spread in several settings, and over 3000 individuals were exposed. Sixteen case-patients were unvaccinated; 9 of the 16 were age-eligible: 7 of the 9 had safety concerns and 6 were of Somali descent. MMR vaccine coverage among Somali children declined significantly from 2004 through 2010 starting at 91.1% in 2004 and reaching 54.0% in 2010

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24913790

<cite>
said:</cite>

"An Outbreak of Measles in an Undervaccinated Community"

Yeah, I remember hearing about this outbreak back in 2011, many Somali families stopped vaccinating their kids after the explosion of autistic Somali cases, but if you're going to Kenya shouldn't you immunize your kid, there are much worse diseases than Measles. Also, the vaccination link to autism was debunked a long time ago, for the percentage of vaccinated kids to increase even after that happened is tragic. Schools should start prohibiting unvaccinated kids from going to schools unless they are vaccinated.

Homunculus when exactly was that news debunked because a few days ago I read an article talking about vaccine induced autism. I will get back to you and post the link.

the Ebola virus was spontaneously hatched within in the Somali community, miyaa?

btw, have you heard, it's got out of control in West Africa. this is very concerning. i'm tempted to watch Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman walahi.

Homunculus,

you're just a self-hating little doofar. how dare you attribute disgusting diseases to Somalis? you're not a medical doctor, you don't have qualified privilege to make such statements.