Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Somaliland + Puntland talks in Ethiopia?

Dr_Osman   

Well if their are talks, I don't see a need why it needs to be secret, it should be made public and official and presented to the public for review on what has been talked about and its outcome. I know that ethiopia has mediated with each one before behind closed doors but i've yet to see pl or sl have a meeting before. it will be interesting to see if this is true or not.But honestly SSC issues are internal, that is where PL needs to focus on more,I think sahal should negiitate between SSC because i've never seen a clan that is fighting negiotate among themselves, their is always a third party that does that. Thats why I was never buying into that khatumo thing, it just looks staged for other motives.

Dr_Osman   

I would be careful with somaliland media just like it's politicians they lie thru their teeth not knowing in this day and age any claims can be verified online. For example their media are reporting their minister is attending the tana forum talks, but on the tana schedule their no somaliland attendance. Then they show a pic of somaliland leaders having a photo taken with a.u deputy commissioner saying they held fruitful talks about recognition and how the meeing was official. But a quick check online from the a.u deputy commissioner says he got a coirtesy call from somaliland leaders which indicates they showed up on uninvited and nothing was talked about except meet and greet and photo odpportunity. They're media will take this and spin it about how recognition is coming because their leader discussed it with the a.u. Then the xunjuf run with it and come online posting it and thnen i return a post debunking it and thats simply all somaliland politics is about. Based on lies but what I dont understand is, don't they get tired of their leaders lying to them for so long? I would be furious and be expecting better from my leaders, no wonder their leaders get away with it noone holds them accountable. If their lying about their meetings overseas, imagine what else their lying about. I honestly feel for the ppl of somaliland, I would hate to have politicians like that not giving me the facts because it will just end up hurting me in the long run.

I urge somaliland media and politicians in this day and age of the internet, lying about who you meet and or do overseas is not easy thing, you think their still stuck innthe 1960s with their political approach, as faysal ali warabe once said siyasadeena lama janqadin aduunka waana runtisa. I think he knows the truth behind the diren circumstances facing somaliland.

Dr_Osman   

By the way did you guys see how carsojnwas laughing when nicholas kay was speaking about somaliland? the second he mentione somaliland from beginning to end carson facial expression was one of laughter, its like he views somaliland as clowns and this is what their politics has gotten them. I urge somaliland, you need new blood and new direction and you should tell your leaders that. The days of lying are over with the information age. This is what I hope to seee somaliland does to recover its clown image on the world stage by world politicians. I think Somaliland needs new blood, new direction a new whole approach. You need to start playing a regional role in somalia that will be a first step to show your maturity to the world and shake off your clown image, what role that is? possibly security. Then work as a peacemaker for mogadishu and score big points that way, I amfairly certain mogadishu would have no issues with somaliland playing a peacemaker role. Finally you need to show the world your mature and not kogadishu by letting mogadishu slip up while you try to help, you gain massive points from the world. If anything is guaranteed we know mogadishu will always behave tribal but then you can shoulder that image on the sfg and show your a working partner and you might start getting somewhere.

Hawdian   

@ Dr osman? Wallah bro you remind of that cat that looks into the mirror and sees a lion ? Dont let the heat in Bosaso get to u head bro,kkkkkkk. Ps viva viva tolkiina somaha meelkasto waa lataganty Tolkii ,