Sign in to follow this  
M-sadiiq3

The lack of fundamental Principles

Assalamu Alaikum

Greetings to every single member in somaliaonline.com.

I have been a member in this online community for almost two years and didn't post anything, I refrained myself to write in this webside for the last two years for one reason and that was to get a general view about the topics created by the members and really i was shocked to see how somali mind is messed up. What i noticed is that most of the members are educated people in different fields of education but you think like they have the same soul, body,mind, heart,visions etc, regardless what they stand for. The biggest thing that the members have in common is that the lack of fundamental principles.

Fundamental principles are the rules that govern a person or a society, without them we are a body without a soul. It seems like every person is some how closed in a box of his own imagination or he/she is brainwashed just to further someone else's ideas while they are baseless. We are all baseless regardless if we are educated or ignorant, we don't have what defines us as a individual or as a people and that goes for every somali even if you are from somaliland, puntland, ogadenia, NFD, somali diaspora etc and the cause is our somali culture.

“A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”

--Dwight Eisenhower

You all have the same belief system which is the same culture. Our culture didn't evolved from it's first phase(tribalism) or may i say we are still in our nomadic state. What shows us we are still in our nomadic state is the way the members politically think.If a tribe closed her own world and said we rule these lands why the heck do you defend or propagate about a certain tribe while you call them a state or nation? Why are you all short sighted? Why don't we learn from history which is the best of all teachers? Why did we forget the fallen men who fought for our existence i'm not talking about the mujahidin of the 90s? How come most of you are brainwashed by some war lords? Why the hell do we all think like the west or like the arabs while we have the power to form our own way of thinking?

Seriously guys we lack the philosophy of somalinimo, life, government, future, history etc. We only focus on our tribes and write about them in every single forum while we hide them with the name of statehood. Somalis, they are the only people who imprison themselves in the name of tribe and they are hunted down by their enemies. It is too sad to see today that somalis are slaves or are being colonised from every corner. It is sad, shameful, dishonourable to see somalis under the control of their enemies. How shameful to see a somali man defending a clan while he hates his somali brother? How shameful to see a man who encourages division and still is proud of himself? How shameful it is to see a man who hates his brother's freedom and peace? This is almost what i have seen in this place and other places somalis meet.

P.S.

I haven't written this to harm anyone but to tell you that we are a dying people(somalis) regardless what you call yourself , whatever you are and whatever you stand for. I hope to get some answers from all of you in a honest way.

Hawdian   

Calikum wa salam, thank you for speaken up , I agree with you lately I have also seen the politics section of this website turned into a battle of qabilism. Qabilism is jahiliyah we must all refrain from this and yea I encloud myself first. We need new solutions in the politics section for the many issues facing our bedeyouun people back home . Thinking back the only time I saw any constructive ideas been forwarded was long time ago. We need young people with new ideas not what we hear everyday in our local coffehouse. So good on you for speaking out . These people are stuck in siyad barre regime time the past . yaa RABB change our minds and qalbi we are all tired of this fitna.

Thanks Hawdian. You are definitely right we are stuck in the past and our politics is a poison. Most of the people have no clue about the true nature of politics but rather confuse politics with qabilism which is governed by emotions. All the political topics that i have seen in SOL for the last two month is based on emotions(qabyaalad). We have to change it no matter what so that we may have a pure political section whith great views that may one day help our own people.

WE ARE CONFUSING POLITICS WITH EMOTIONS:

XAAJI XUNJUF, mahadsanid walal

YoniZ   

M-sadiiq3, welcome bro.

It is better to put things in perspective rather than blanket generalisation.

I would love to know based on your long observations, your idea on how to solve this myth, and give SOL politics section the opportunity to gain Fundamental Principles.

Good question for you think about is: How many topics opened in March and the number of the pioneers in these topics.

There is constant abuse in SOL politics section by very view HYPERACTIVE nomad posters. The blame of this should squarely be put at the door of the moderators/owners.

In my opinion, the cure for this section to fulfil its potential is either, KILL it (as it has no worth to read in this current form),or REFORM it taking these steps:

* Actively moderate.

* Limit the number of topics started simultaneously by our handful hyperactive nomads brothers.

* Add reputation button after each topic started.

* Attract back the old principled members.

That is just my two cents......

<cite><a href="

* Attract back the old principled members.

Wondering who are these principled ones.Very very few indeed and most r women.We all on the same boat!

Think best idea is honest,fair moderater that selects which topics worth putting forward but then again they thmslvs might and will be inclined toward certain posts.

or maybe selective principled ones be given special page that no one else could post and see how that works & if indeed they can attract wider readers.

Siciid, don't expect any rationality from hyper active and emotional nomads, you either be a match of the group or stay out of Somali politics section.