Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Do you enjoy flying?

Holac   

said:

I've been freaking myself out by reading about major airline crashes all day. Do you guys remember Air France 447 from Rio de Janeiro that crashed in the Atlantic on its way to Paris in 2009? I read
from the cockpit, and it's a bit terrifying to see how the plane was flying normally and within minutes crashed into the Atlantic because the co-pilots panicked and didn't know what to do in a stall situation (apparently the most basic of flight skills). Most plane crashes are the result of pilot error.

Saff, reading that transcript gives me chills. The conversation in those few minutes of struggle for survival (followed by silence) take you right inside that airplane's cockpit.

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Saff, reading that transcript gives me chills. The conversation in those few minutes of struggle for survival (followed by silence) take you right inside that airplane's cockpit.

It really is chilling. I found this simulation helpful for understanding exactly what the co-pilots did wrong, since I'm not familiar with the technical language they were using in the transcript:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pYCctsdN9Q

Tallaabo   

Airplanes will not be completely safe until the manufacturers stick a giant parachute on top of the plane which opens up before the plane crashes and reduces the impact.