Sign in to follow this  
CidanSultan

Death Toll Rises In Mugdisho As Alshabab Strikes Again

Somalia's Mogadishu city hit by car bomb blast Militant Islamists have stepped up attacks in Mogadishu in recent weeks

Continue reading the main story

Somalia: Failed StateAl-Shabab profile

What drives al-Shabab?

Al-Shabab frontline

Islamist purge

A suicide car bomb has exploded in the Somali capital, Mogadishu, killing at least 12 people and wounding eight others near the security service headquarters.

The bomber targeted a security vehicle. Three members of the security forces were among the dead, witnesses said.

The al-Qaeda-linked al-Shabab group said it carried out the attack.

The group is waging an insurgency in Somalia against the UN-backed government.

"A suicide car bomb targeted a national security car passing along these tea shops," police official Abdullahi Hassan told Reuters news agency.

He added that several civilians had been killed.

There has been an increase in violence in Mogadishu in recent weeks, including night-time mortar raids and daytime clashes between the security forces and al-Shabab.

Last week, the group carried out a car bomb attack outside the presidential palace in Mogadishu, killing officials and guards.

Al-Shabab was driven out of Mogadishu in 2011 but it still controls many smaller towns and rural areas of the country.

Some 22,000 African Union troops are helping the government battle al-Shabab.

^^^

insluting other nomads is against the rules of this forum...

maybe you should be more pre-occupied with stablising Mugdisho and its surroundings and gaining your independence from third world african states before claiming another nation who gained independence before you me thinks.

I am not God nor am i alshabab... I am reporting the news as i said i am merely an observer.

whats this....Alshabab said they are planning even more attacks:

Xarakada Al-shabaab ayaa sheegatay masuuliyada qarax maanta lagu weeraray maqaahi ku dhow xarunta ciidanka Sirdoonka dowlada Somalia ee magaalada Muqdisho.

Maqaahidan ayaa waxaa wax ka cuna shacab iyo ciidamo, iyadoo qaraxa ka dhacay loo adeegsaday gaari waxyaabaha qarxa laga soo buuxiyey.

Afhayeenka dhinaca howlgalada ee Al-Shabaab Shiikh C/casiis Abuu Muscab ayaa sheegay in weerarkan ay iyagu ka dambeeyeen.

Abuu Muscab ayaa intaa ku daray iney ku laayeen maqaayadaas saraakiil iyo ciidamo ka tirsan dowlada oo ku sugnaa, isagoo aan soo hadal qaadin shacabkii faraha badnaa ee dhimashada iyo dhaawacu soo gaareen.

Afhayeenka ayaa ku hanjabay iney sii wadi doonaan weerarada noocan ah ee ay la beegsanayaan xarumaha iyo goobaha ay ku sugan yihiin ciidamada dowlada Somalia iyo kuwa AMISOM.

Ugu yaraan 12 ruux ayaa ku naf waayey weerarkan kuwaasoo labo ka mid ah oo kala ahaa sarkaal iyo askari ay ka mid ahaayeen ciidamada nabad sugida, halka 10 kale ay ahaayeen dad shacab ah, waxaana ku dhaawamay 8 kale oo ay ku jiraan caruur midkood labadiisa lugood

^^^^ Allah punishes whom he wills. That's rich coming from the children of a people who were so fickle they once thought they could destroy an entire population. History is written and God knows who is just and who is unjust.

Today you give us crocidle tears. You live under my boot today an that is because of your actions.

Mugdisho if its the next Singapore or Afghanistan I don't really care