Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

What's the best way to ask out a gorgeous Xaliimo?

My first instinct is to simply pole vault over to her and say "I know you got it, so give it here, shortie!", but something tells me this chick don't get down like that.

So ladies, any advice?

Holac   

No. not a girl. I came across your topic while browsing the front page list. I wanted to share the technique that worked for me. But, I am out of your hair.

Safferz   

Well this advice is more specific to me, but I think they're good guidelines nonetheless:

- Don't approach me in a hostile environment, or in a creepy way -- NEVER follow a woman you see walking on the street, never try and talk to someone from your car, never approach a woman on public transit. A coffee shop, a bookstore, a party or event, etc are less awkward places to strike up a convo without coming off like a creep.

- Don't touch me, ever

- Don't use pick up lines

- Don't let your friends/wingman do most of the talking for you

- Don't go overboard with physical comments/compliments, if you want to tell a woman she's beautiful then say it once and leave it at that. Better yet, compliments on things other than her body are best -- maybe she has a nice outfit on, a pretty necklace, etc.

- Say hello, introduce yourself and be polite. Have something to actually talk about, for example talking about the place you're at (ie. a concert) is always a good icebreaker.

- Have a sense of humour, SMILE and always make eye contact

- Ask for a phone number, not my BBM PIN or a Facebook add. Don't call within a day or two, and you've lost your chance. And when you do call, don't drag things on -- say how it was a pleasure to meet and that you'd love to see her again, and ask her out.

I will now take questions :P

Khayr   

So Saff,

Its safe to say that Tillamook will not be calling you anytime soon. Ms. Independent types, the door

is that way >

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>

So Saff,

Its safe to say that Tillamook will not be calling you anytime soon. Ms. Independent types, the door

is that way >

Men who prefer their women insecure, needy and dependent aren't my type anyway.

<cite>

Well this advice is more specific to me, but I think they're good guidelines nonetheless:

- Don't approach me in a hostile environment, or in a creepy way -- NEVER follow a woman you see walking on the street, never try and talk to someone from your car, never approach a woman on public transit. A coffee shop, a bookstore, a party or event, etc are less awkward places to strike up a convo without coming off like a creep.

- Don't touch me, ever

- Don't use pick up lines

- Don't let your friends/wingman do most of the talking for you

- Don't go overboard with physical comments/compliments, if you want to tell a woman she's beautiful then say it once and leave it at that. Better yet, compliments on things other than her body are best -- maybe she has a nice outfit on, a pretty necklace, etc.

- Say hello, introduce yourself and be polite. Have something to actually talk about, for example talking about the place you're at (ie. a concert) is always a good icebreaker.

- Have a sense of humour, SMILE and always make eye contact

- Ask for a phone number, not my BBM PIN or a Facebook add. Don't call within a day or two, and you've lost your chance. And when you do call, don't drag things on -- say how it was a pleasure to meet and that you'd love to see her again, and ask her out.

I will now take questions
:P

Hello there, Safferz.

The advice I seek now is NOT how too woo the common chick on the street which is very easy for me, but rather a niqaab wearing Xaliimo who refuses to make eye-contact with anyone and won't even speak to you when spoken to.

But, I must say it's quite presumptuous on your part to offer such below par advice to the great and all conquering hero of SOL known as Tillamook. Might be, Abaayo, that your advice maybe well received by some wussies out there, but it is very offensive to a guy like me who most girls admire from afar. Who knows, you might be one of them, if you knew me, inadvertantly biting your bottom lip whenever you set your eyes on me, as you take note of the glistening sheen of my glorious trade-mark Somali forehead. :D

I know you're thinking by now:"Tillamook, pride will be you downfall!" but rest assured sis, most women harbor unclean and wanton thoughts about my fabulous and grand physique, seemingly chiseled from a boulder of the finest rocks out there. In fact, it is more than likely that some chicks maybe touching themselves inappropriately right this minute reading about me, and others still may go to bed tonight dreaming of the suggestive and gargantuan ego that I exude. :D

I can't say I blame them though, because I ooze forth the extremely potent pheromones of a genuine faarax whose sexual masculinity can get any red-blooded women in the immediate vicinity on her knees begging for more. But I tell you, Safferz, neither my aura of unbridled machismo nor my incredible looks, nor my gift of gab seem to be working with this Niqaabi Xaliimo. This chick acts as if she is deaf and dumb every time I try to approach her, which makes me wonder-- am I beginning to loose my pimp game? Or is there a different way of approaching these type of "holier than thou" ones?

Safferz   

Haha Tillaamok :) Well, it sounds to me like your Xaliimo simply isn't interested in male interaction period, which should not be surprising since it's fair to assume she's religious and perhaps more conservative than you are when it comes to acceptable behaviour and contact with the opposite sex. It's a completely different ballgame and you're dealing with someone who will likely only want to be approached by a man through her wali, with discussions centering around determining compatibility for marriage. So if marrying this niqaabi is what you have in mind, perhaps it's time to change your strategy and pay her wali a visit :)

^

Lol@Mooge:

Sxb, let's just say I pride myself on being a connoisseur of the fairer sex. :D

<cite>

Haha Tillaamok
:)
Well, it sounds to me like your Xaliimo simply isn't interested in male interaction period, which should not be surprising since it's fair to assume she's religious and perhaps more conservative than you are when it comes to acceptable behaviour and contact with the opposite sex. It's a completely different ballgame and you're dealing with someone who will likely only want to be approached by a man through her wali, with discussions centering around determining compatibility for marriage. So if marrying this niqaabi is what you have in mind, perhaps it's time to change your strategy and pay her wali a visit
:)

Safferz, I took your advice.

I decided to go old school and pursue the girl's father instead.

Having spent the better part of last weekend, reconnoitering the girl's father and asking around-- I found out that her old man happens to be one of the Somali Imams at our local Mosque and it so happens that he is also well known to a very dear uncle of mine, who prays at this particular mosque-- five times, a day.

To cut a short story, even shorter: I called my uncle on the phone last Tuesday and invited myself over to his place-- excusing myself for being too busy with work and whatnot-- and said, I was sorry for not visiting him and the family more often.

Over the phone, I mentioned nothing of the role I wanted him to play vis-à-vis Operation-Hook-Xaliimo, but simply acted very keen on wanting to come over to pay a social visit. He got excited, and said that he would be home right after the Ishaa Prayers and he would let Auntie know that I was coming over for dinner.

Fast forward to that very evening: After having stuffed myself with the most delicious saabaayad and chicken suqaar, and began sipping a spicy cup of home brewed Somali tea-- I got down to business. I told my uncle about the girl and how I fancied her, and that my intention was to court her like how it was done in the old days and finally, how I needed him to introduce me to the girl's father.

After I was done explaining myself, my uncle sat up and looked straight into my eyes and whispered quietly,"Is she pregnant? I said, "WHAT!" looking shocked and wounded. He told me, he had never suspected me for the type who would willingly bring to an end, what he referred to as, "your Philandering habits" and therefore if I was looking to get serious with this one particular girl, then something big had happened.

"No such thing uncle", says I."I just think it's time for me to settle down and who knows this girl might be the one for me,(the word I used was "calaf") which is why I want to get to know her through the proper traditional channels" (Naturally, I kept to myself, the part where all my earlier attempts at baiting her by myself came to naught!)

"If your intentions are pure and squeaky-clean, well and good! But what concerns me is your saqaajaanimo and I fear you will only embarrass me with this girl's father.

I hastened to inform him that those days where behind me.

"I really hope so", he said" because if I approach this man on your behalf then the honor of both our families would be at stake here and it isn't something we should take lightly"

I got slightly miffed about my uncle's hesitation and said,"Adeer, anigu qofta inaan shukaansado ayaan rabaa ee wax kale kuma sameenayo-- so are you gonna help me or not?"

"O.k, waayahay, I will" says he, all somber and uncheerful. "I shall approach him with your intentions first thing on the morrow, at the Fajr Prayers"

"Thanks a lot, Adeer", Says I.

"Horta, you must know that he is a remarkable wadaad and very humble guy too, so I don't think he will have any qualms about you courting his daughter. However, since he is very devoted to the practice of our religion, he would wanna know how well you practice the faith too, if he is ever gonna let you anywhere near his daughter"

"Masha-Allah, he sounds like the sort of father-in-law I need,"I said with all eagerness."I wouldn't have it any other way. Our religion is very important to me as well."

"Indeed. I'm sure he will be impressed when I tout your Qu'ran recitation abilities...didn't you win a dugsi competition when you were a very young boy?" asks he, all inquisitive like.

I said, "Yes.But it has been ages, and I wouldn't brag!"

"Certainly, I won't brag about you, but anything that will help him see you as suitable for his daughter will come in handy. I wish you all the luck in the world, my boy. Like I said, I will reach out to him and I will call you to let you know, if and when we can go over to their place to formally introduce ourselves to his family.

That was last Tuesday.

On Wednesday afternoon, I got a text message from my uncle.

"Waryaa, wax walba waa dhagdhag! Arimihii weey isku duba dheceen... Maalinta sabtida ah, waa nala casumeey."..."Pick me up @ noon, sharp!"

So wish me luck, guys, I have a date with the Sheikh and his Niqaabi daughter... tomorrow! :D

Safferz   

I thoroughly enjoyed your amusing recap Tillamook, and I look forward to hearing about how things went this afternoon :)

Khayr   

Tillamook,

How did you fall for this girl again?

What happened saxib, give us the update?

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Men who prefer their women insecure, needy and dependent aren't my type anyway.

These type of men are usually insecure bullies who subjugate their wives to feel good about themselves and hide their insecurities.

Tallaabo   

Is this story one of your entertaining fictional literary projects here in SOL or real one Mr Tilla? You can be a good author, you know.