Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Somalia PM Says Mogadishu Is Out Of Our Hands

Hawdian   

^ @ Xaaji is right on this the idea that Ethiopia is for a united somaliya can only be dreamed by a person who have no grasp of reality . If I was a leader in Moqadishu I would accept the reality of Somaliland on fact that it would be a friend in a region where quite frankly Reer somaliya do not have many friends. Just imagine the day Sonaliland is recognized and a lot of somaliya people ask them self why relations between the two nations are so bad. History has a long memory and for certain those who are against the independence of Somaliland will be on the wrong sidad of history . If they people of Scotland in the United Kingdom have the right to withdraw from one of the oldest union in the world then then I'm sure the world community will be welcoming Somaliland on the bases of withdraws from Somali republic on bases of a free UN supervised referendum .

Hawdian u are correct the longer Somalia and Somaliland relations remain hostile due to Somalias claim over Somaliland the badder the relations will be in the future. Because Somaliland will always be reminded how Somalia kept on claiming SL against the will of its people and government. But Somaliland could have actively play a role in Somalia peace efforts and defeating Alshabaab i mean a real effective force it could reconcile the warring Somali factions it could have a balancing voice in IGAD which could be in favor of Somalia. Somaliland could have easily advocated a home grown solution for Somalia where it play an active role in it and keeps away external factors such as Ethiopia Kenya out of it. But the koonfurians most of them are short sighted and never think of the long term of their people in Somalia and its relations with Somaliland. Somaliland has effective security forces who have been trained and can easily fill the vacuum in places in Somalia it could easily be a boost for Somalia intelligence services. If Somaliland was recognized 15 years ago today Somalia would be peaceful Xabashi invasion could have been avoided in 2007. In 2006 sudan failed to bring the ICU and Cabdilahi Yusuf together i can bet my money on it that Somaliland could have reconciled the TFG and the ICU. Even today it could easily bring Ahmed Godane and Hassan sheikh to an agreement but before Somaliland can actively meddle in Somalias affairs first the 2 countries need to restore relations. Are the koonfurians willing to make such a sacrafice for Somalias peace and stability and prosperity in the future. Ethiopia will never ever bring Somalis together it will try to maintain the current status that Somalis remain all but enemies to each other and can never form blocks or make deals between them selves Ethiopia wishes to be the mediating factor of all affairs in Somalia.

This is the result of Ethiopias meddling in Somalia affairs

A tigray man tedros adhanom is making peace between Somalis there is a Tigray man in the middle of 2 Somalis

L-R%20SFG%20IGAD%20and%20Jubaland%20Reps