Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Shadia is on the run since 2004

Mooge   

Where could she be hiding? I thought Africa was bad but in America a girl can hide that long?

Shadia Muse is 28 now and has been on the run for nearly a decade.

muse-wanted-art-gapqvuoa-1muse-2-jpg.jpg

Muse was 18 and a student at Mifflin High School when she gave birth to a baby girl in secret on Sept. 3, 2004. She wrapped the newborn in a blanket and a plastic bag and put her in a car trunk outside her North Side apartment.

She hoped nobody in her Somali family would discover her pregnancy.

But her body couldn’t hide it. That night, she went to Mount Carmel St. Ann’s hospital with stomach cramps and delivered a full-term placenta. Muse eventually admitted she had been pregnant and told Columbus police where to find the baby.

An autopsy determined that the newborn, whose umbilical cord wasn’t clamped, died from asphyxia and blood loss.

Whether out of fear of prosecution or shame from her community, she fled after she was discharged from the hospital on Sept. 5. She was charged two days later with murder.

Police and prosecutors have been looking for her ever since. In October 2004, she was indicted on charges of murder, felonious assault and endangering children. A federal arrest warrant was issued on Nov. 3 that year after she was charged with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

More recently, the FBI drafted a wanted poster, at www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/shadia-mahamed-muse.

“We’re just trying to generate more publicity to generate more tips,” said Todd Lindgren, an FBI spokesman.

The agent on the case recorded a short podcast about the crime on the FBI website.

“I have concerns about the rest of her life, if there are any other children involved ... so we need to know where she is, because there is no statute of limitation on murder,” agent Kristin Cadieux says in the recording.

Premarital sex is considered so sinful among Somalis that those who give birth out of wedlock — and their children — are often shunned by their families and the greater community.

Columbus Police Sgt. Christ Holzhauser, of the homicide squad, worked on the case when the baby was found. He said there have been bits of information about it over the years, but nothing developed from them.

He speculated that she might have left the country, and “when they are able to get out of the country, it’s hard to get them back.”

Investigators also speculated that Muse might have fled to another Somali community, perhaps in Boston or Atlanta where she had relatives. Other large Somali communities are in Minneapolis, Seattle, Dallas, San Diego and Washington, D.C.

Anyone with information on Muse’s whereabouts is asked to contact the FBI or Crime Stoppers at 614-645-TIPS (8477).

amanning@dispatch.com

@allymanning

Safferz   

I'm always baffled by stories like this. How can you get away with hiding a pregnancy from your family and everyone you know? And how could her family have been so oblivious to the signs? That said, she is a moron... Ohio and many other states have safe-haven laws to prevent this type of scenario, you can leave your newborn at a hospital without getting into trouble.

Walahi bilahi talahi my own close relative met her in undisclosed location.

I can also say that she is married with kids.

I also vividly remember when this shit happened. I was watching it in the local news. She was very much wanted. I must give props to her tribesmen for sprinting her out of the country to Canada where she was given another person's passport to flee to the qaarada inkaarta qabta

<cite>
said:</cite>

I'm always baffled by stories like this. How can you get away with hiding a pregnancy from your family and everyone you know? And how could her family have been so oblivious to the signs? That said, she is a moron... Ohio and many other states have safe-haven laws to prevent this type of scenario, you can leave your newborn at a hospital without getting into trouble.

In my recollection, her mom said that at the latter days of her pregnancy this girl would be wearing a coat and sweaters. It was understandable bc it was winter. Basically she got pregnant around August by winter she had a coat on daily. Also her mom said that her daughter spend a lot of times in her room.

Holac   

This is a classic case of failed parenting. How do you not know your daughter who lives in the same house is actually pregnant? It is similar to a wife saying she didn't know her husband grew Osama Bin Laden type of beard. It is absurd.

Khayr   

If it was a white girl, she would have been given sympathy, funds for her would have been raised and her prospective defense team.

Hassan,

You are a dry snitch.

Wow this is so wrong in so many levels. She was so scared of her family finding out about her pregnancy that she aborted the baby and killed him. And then the same family now smuggled out of the country after they learned what she did was murder. Shit is so sad.

Sometimes, tough love has its consequences. If kids are so scared of their parents that they have to resort to killing a baby cuz they can't face you, maybe you are doing something wrong.

Just out of out of curiosity, if someone kills someone, and the parents of the killer hide it or sneak him out of the country....isn't that DANBI? What do the Islamic people in SOL say about that? Becuz this happens a lot often then people know about it.

The whole episode is Xaram from the inception of it till the last drama.

Just cause its a gaal law don't mean you can you run from the law. She was 18 then and was grown to do such an evil killing.

Then you got a family that conspired with her to scape.

That been said I won't disclose her location although I know it. Il give you a clue, she is close to a place with two hills that are shaped of something I like pressing at times.

Holac   

Hassan, don't make claims that can backfire on you later. If you know the location of a wanted murderer and didn't report it, you could be charged.

I personally didn't meet her but a relative met her who didn't even know who she was. This female openly tells people that she use to live in America and particularly Ohio. Once this story was shared with me I put 2 and 2 together.

Btw, does anyone know how much is been offered?

M