Sign in to follow this  
Oz

Who Do You Think You're Kidding Mr Wenger?

Oz   

From the Telegraph ~ Arsène Wenger has claimed that finishing third in the Premier League is a better achievement than lifting the FA Cup and dismissed the relevance of winning the Carling Cup.

“If you win the League Cup you cannot say you win trophies for me,” he said.

In his most impassioned defence yet of Arsenal’s recent record, Wenger also argued that the club’s Champions League performances over the past decade were worth far more than winning the Carling Cup over and over again. Arsenal have not won any silverware since the 2005 FA Cup.

“We’re here to win trophies, but it depends on what you call trophies,” said Wenger.

“Is it the Champions League, the Premier League, the League Cup? We’ve just qualified from the group stage in the Champions League for the tenth consecutive season.

"That, for me, is three times as difficult as winning the League Cup five times. I know what’s difficult and what’s not.”

Asked if third place in the Premier League was better than winning the FA Cup or Carling Cup, he added: “Of course. It’s much more difficult. I want to win trophies and, like the fans, I’m frustrated if I don’t. But it doesn’t mean the rest of the season has been completely useless.

“A season does not go from fantastic to zero. A season in the English league when you fight with Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa to finish in the top three is still not a disaster.”

It would seem that Arsene Wenger considers a top four finish as a success. How sad is that for a club of Arsenals structure. Top four should be a minimum requirement, only a deluded defeatist would consider qualification to next seasons CL as successful. No wonder Arsenal haven’t won anything for five years and no wonder Fabregas is considering leaving.

Oz   

Its managers like Wenger who have devalued domestic cup competitions, his dismissive attitude toward the FA Cup is one of the saddest aspects of his style of management. Unfortunately, he seems to have infected a large section of the Arsenal fan base with his defeatism…

Haatu   

Typical wenger excuses. Only now it changed from "I didn't see anything" to "top 4 is more important for us". I'm just frustrated! How many years has it been since we last won anything? That's it. Mr Wenger, you've had your good days, now it's time to leave for Real.

Bring in the Special One!

Oz   

Arsene wenger- a brilliant manager of the modern era and the best developer of young talent the game has ever witnessed. never before in the history of Football has a man repeatedly signed kids no one has ever heard of and turned them into world class superstars. however this man has many flaws. TACTICALLY and ECONOMOLOGICALLY he is a fool of the highest order!

You have to wonder (WENGER) will he learn?

Abtigiis   

Arsene Wenger knows all about football. He is good at detecting talent at young age. He tends to be a bit too positive in the football he wants his team to play. They are almost like the Brazil team of 1982 World Cup.

If he adds few tacklers and tells his boys to be a bit shrewed tactically, no team can beat them.