Sign in to follow this  
Aristotelese

A way to achieve the great Dream we all share

After nearly 2 years just observing this forum,I decided to give you my opinion on somalia and this forum. The reason why I didn't post anything was that I felt like I would waste my time here. I think this forum is an illustration of the problems and bad sides of Somalia. People totally biased towards their clans,region or states are arguing about who is better who is bad etc... absolutely counterproductive. What we need are people who can think outside the box to come up with good ideas about solutions, the only hope for the country is the young generation. These old reigning men all over the country will not bring about great change. The real problems begin only when somalia has recovered. For then it comes to the status of the numerous factions. What they want to do? You have no control over areas such as Somaliland and Puntland. And they will not voluntarily give up their special status. In order to regain control, they would have to take up arms again what could degenerate into a renewed civil war. No we need a common solution to all states and factions to finally find peace. But what would be the solution? a good example would be Federalism because here you could get an even distribution of power. Each region has its own government responsible for the area, they have the basis for making decisions about things such as health, education, culture and the regional financial budget. But when it comes to national decisions, the National Council comes into play. It consistsof the respective government representatives of the regions, where everyone has equal squares and all decide together. This all clans and groups would be equally involved and no one would be disadvantaged. But I know that this is not as easy as it sounds, because ignorance is a virtue of the somalis. If you think about it once we actually have no significant reason to fight each other. We are one of the most homogeneous countries in the world we share language and religion. Normally, these similarities would be a guarantee of peace, but we have still managed to find a way to hate on each other. And the tool to incite hatred is the clan system if it is only used to show the affiliation and origin, it is perfectly legitimate but it is abused by those in power. In order to gain political advantage and and to secure their power, past leaders have used the clan system. They preferred their clan members at the same time they weakened other clans. The result of these tactics is that there is now great distrust between the clans. It will probably be the biggest challenge to overcome the distrust of each other. You have to talk to each other and forgive/apologize for the atrocities of the past like the hargeisa bombing. Only then a prosperous future within reach will be. We do not have much time, because as I can observe, more and more young Somali youth turn away from their home. They are even ashamed for somalia and I can not blame them for that. We are the only completely failed country in the world, it is not something on which you can be proud of. I for myself will learn and work hard so that one day I can become part of the solution. My dream is that my children and grandchildren are born into a prosperous, peaceful, and successful United States of somalis.

Tallaabo   

Brother Aristotle, I think we have already found the solution to the Somali problem and that is ha la kala yaaco meesha wax inaga dhexeeyaa ma jiree:)

That can be also a model we could use, but 20 different little states won't get us far in my opinion why do think China, America and Russia are super powerhouses, it's because their are huge unified countries. Think of american states as 50 different countries, each one would be Inconspicuous

Apophis;991435 wrote:
But it's not as bad as you think. Don't form your opinions based on western news. It's in their interest to lie about Africa.

There won't be any news about somalia in the West they just don't give a shit about us and our problems. Only entertaining things like pirates are fun for them to report on.

Tallaabo   

Aristotelese;991431 wrote:
Humans won't ever live in an eternal peace war is a common thing that happens, but somalia has seen enough of it the last 20 years.
Now a 50 years break would be nice

You mean 50 years of bickering and then another kalayaac?

Apophis;991435 wrote:
But it's not as bad as you think. Don't form your opinions based on western news. It's in their interest to lie about Africa.

Tallaabo;991439 wrote:
You mean 50 years of bickering and then another kalayaac?

Of course it could end like you say After all, they had endured 50 years together and maybe they learned something in the time that prevents the ********* we are seeing the last 20 years.

Tallaabo   

Aristotelese;991441 wrote:
Of course it could end like you say After all, they had endured 50 years together and maybe they learned something in the time that prevents the ********* we are seeing the last 20 years.

I think Somalis have learned enough during the last 53 years of catastrophic union that the breakup of what was called the Somali Republic into at least two entities if not more is inevitable.

Tallaabo;991443 wrote:
I think Somalis have learned enough during the last 53 years of catastrophic union that the breakup of what was called the Somali Republic into at least two entities if not more is inevitable.

OK let's sayif it is really coming to the point where everything is breaking apart then it have to be between clan groups. Whenever we see a region inhabitanted by more than one clan problems will appear like in somaliland. There are people who disagree with the state so what are they gonna do to them. Just forcing them to obey or kick out of Somaliland?. The thing about territories is very important and difficult to handle.

Tallaabo   

Aristotelese;991447 wrote:
OK let's sayif it is really coming to the point where everything is breaking apart then it have to be between clan groups. Whenever we see a region inhabitanted by more than one clan problems will appear like in somaliland. There are people who disagree with the state so what are they gonna do to them. Just forcing them to obey or kick out of Somaliland?. The thing about territories is very important and difficult to handle.

The solution is very simple. Once Somaliland is recognised by the international community those troublesome eastern regions would be given a referendum to choose which country they wish to be part of- Somaliland or Somalia.

Tallaabo;991469 wrote:
The solution is very simple. Once Somaliland is recognised by the international community those troublesome eastern regions would be given a referendum to choose which country they wish to be part of- Somaliland or Somalia.

I have already thought about that, but I don't think that somaliland or puntland wants to voluntary give up these regions. The black gold is too tempting for them. Also in general losing half of your territory isn't desirable to the somaliland government. If they had shared the power with these people in past it would have changed many things. A somaliland which is backed up by all of the inhabitants would be a hole different story.

Tallaabo;991469 wrote:
The solution is very simple. Once Somaliland is recognised by the international community those troublesome eastern regions would be given a referendum to choose which country they wish to be part of- Somaliland or

Somalia.

And what happens if, hypothetically speaking, another region (of SL) wants independence?