Sign in to follow this  
Kaluun

Shinbiirba Shinbiirkis la duul

Kaluun   

In the modern world and politics; birds of the same feather flock together (shinbiirba shinbiirkiisu la dula) regardless of race, nationality and ethnicity. The most important feather in the modern world is ideology.

It's no surprise to me that Ethiopia's ruling party EPRDF has invited the chairman of Somaliland's ruling Kulmiye Party, Mujahid Muse Bihi Abdi. He was hosted in Addis Ababa by Ato Demeke Mekonnen, Deputy Chairman of EPRDF and Chairman of the Amhara National Democratic Movement (ANDM). Ato Mekonnen is also Ethiopia's Education Minister. The two plan to travel together on the same jet to Jigjiga to take part in the cultural celebration there known as Ethiopia’s Nations’, Nationalities’ and Peoples’ Day..

u_116985d_2013-11-26-19-7-7f_143.jpg

Today the Speaker of Ethiopia's Parliament Ato Kassa T-Birhan invited Somaliland's Parliament Speaker Mr. Abdirahman Irro.

The two will meet in Addis Ababa before making the journey together to Jigjiga likewise to take part in the event. This is Irro's third time taking part in the cultural awareness exhibition which celebrates Ethiopia's diverse cultures and people.

In this sense birds of the same feather are looking out for one another and the region has long shredded its cultural bigotry.

I am afraid to say Mr. Hirsi Yajuj Majuj is yet to find his shinbiir even amongst the predominantly midget Highlanders. And for this I say I am sorry.

If the Ethiopian opposition was strong and as more relevant as Somaliland's be sure there would be equally funny, fearless Anbessa (lion) and faulty mouth version of His Suldaan-ness Faisal Ali Warabe.