Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Pro-independence SNP leader to launch manifesto on how Scotland could leave UK,

^^

I don't know if you noticed but all of the overzealous Somali secessionist in this thread are ardent supporters of the British Union. These folks are either irony impaired or this is an ingenious piece of satire. It is absurd but hilarious.

Gar_maqaate;988028 wrote:
^^

I don't know if you noticed but all of the overzealous Somali secessionist in this thread are ardent supporters of the British Union. These folks are either irony impaired or this is an ingenious piece of satire. It is absurd but hilarious.

That's why I asked the question, their cognitive dissonance is hard to overcome.

^^^

I agree, but you also have to understand the reasons for this blind loyalty. Their natural affinity and sense of connection with Britain (particularly the English) is the primary reason behind their defense of the Union. Scottish independence will greatly diminish the power, prestige and influence of this perceived naturally ally. thus, their support of the British Union is driven by the same primal impulses that drive their support for Somaliland. I believe that is the reason for these simultaneously held incongruous beliefs

Hawdian   

Tallaabo;987916 wrote:
I am totally against the breakup of the union. The United Kingdom benefited all the people living in the British Isles through out its 300 years of existence. In union, the people of Great Britain and Ireland literally took over the world politically, economically, militarily, culturally, and technologically. Thanks to the strength of the union and the empire it produced, English is now the defacto official language of the world, and the British legal and parliamentary system serves as a template for most counties in the world.

All those thing are true but in the end one can only admire the UK gov for giving Scottish people the referendum to leave the union . This question will be settled once for as it should be .

^^

But british Union works

Not all secessions are a blessing

^^

and you go again,you asked me in otha thread why I always defend Somaliland but the question for you here is the same, why you always obsessed with thm and in a bad way.

^^

and you go again,you asked me in otha thread why I always defend Somaliland but the question for you here is the same, why you always obsessed with thm and in a bad way.

Some Independence struggles are justified some are not some have what it takes to make it happen, some dont. As for Scotland for the past 300 years the Union did them great so many Scots have been on the highest political hierarchy in Britain and the Scots produced one of the best Brits on all fields. Its good they put into a referendum thats what civilized people do and if the majority says independence than we have to accept that if not than the union will remain intact for the better of all the British people.