Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland: UK Govermernt and Somaliland to Enhance Defense Cooperation

President Silanyo Given a Demo Tour on Board HMS RFA MOUNTS BAY by an British Officer

By Goth Mohamed Goth

IMG_0428-618x412.jpg

HE President Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud Silanyo today attended a ceremony marking the completion of 2 weeks capacity building guidance on counteracting sea piracy crimes given and funded by United Kingdom’s Royal Marines to Somaliland coastal guards on Friday.

In a ceremony held today on board the a British warship HMS RFA MOUNTS BAY anchored at Berbera port ,Ambassador Neil Wigen to Somaliland and Somalia welcomed H.E President Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud and Top Somaliland military commanders on the British frigate.

Ambassador Neil Wigen began his speech by saying

His Excellency the President, First lady, Ministers and other honorably guests, Gentlemen and ladies, I thank you for attending this ceremony on board the HMS RFA MOUNTS BAY and I also thank the Captain of the ship Captain Gerry Peterson for hosting the ceremony on the ship.

Today we come together to witness the successful completion of 2 weeks capacity building guidance on counteracting sea piracy crimes given and funded by United Kingdom’s ROYAL FLEET AUXILLIARY to Somaliland coastal guards of whom without their open hearted cooperation with their British trainers the success of this training operation won’t be possible and I also express my gratitude to them.

Firstly I would like to state the aim of this joint military operation as being of military purpose which will benefit both countries but it also has another benefit of which is a political, I would like to quote the famous Germany Soldier Carl von Clausewitz “War is the continuation of politics by other means”.

The joint military operation this week by the British and Somaliland military strengthens the defense partnership but also reiterates the political and diplomatic commitment of the government of United Kingdom.it also entrenches the long outstanding friendship UK and Somaliland.

Today with me on board the HMS RFA MOUNTS BAY is the H.E President of Somaliland, Cabinet Ministers and two British Ambassadors (Kenya & Ethiopia) shows our shared interest in enhancing our political and diplomatic relations but also increasing military cooperation between the two countries.

We are also committed now more than ever to enhance the existing relations which are of significant importance to us and I also reaffirm the UK commitment to a strong and historic friendship with Somaliland and the strength of this feeling with Somaliland should not be underestimated which is vital in attain a peaceful and prosperous horn of Africa. Our partners in the region the UK Government and those of the international community are untied and to do whatever it takes to see a peaceful and secure horn of Africa.

SomalilandPress.Com

IMG_02751.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_04281.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Xaaji filimaanta ingriisku maaha kuwo aan fahmayo. Marna muqdisho ayay calanka ka taaganayaan marna Hargeisa iyo Berbara ayay kubada ka soo ciyarayaan. Walee Ingriis caddte fartiisa ma barano ;)

Wiil cusub Ingriis dantisu ilaashada wuxuna ad ugu fiicanyahay bahasha la yidha double diplomacy Somaliland waxba kama gelin wala socotta laakin wixi wax ku tari kara wala qaata take every one support for your own interests but you should promise nothing.

^^ Actually Ambassador Neil wigen frequently visits Somaliland, but all diplomatic relations between Britain and Somaliland are channeled to the Embassy in addis ababa

The article clearly states the Neil Wigen is the Ambassador for Somalia and "Somaliland", which is to put it plainly a fragrant barefaced lie. But that claim is not as absurd as your believe in the non existent relationship between your tinpot tribal Republic and the U.K