Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Mo Farah's new book

Saalax   

No mention of Somalia interesting.

"Me and Hassan in front of the flag of Somaliland, the country of our birth".

uElFwEu.jpg

Saalax   

His close relatives say his actual birth place is Gabiley, Somaliland while his fake birth place is Mogadishu, Somalia.

Hawdian   

Safferz;982540 wrote:
Except he was born in Somalia...

No He was born in the somali republic A union

of two states but he is british of somaliland origin .

Mooge   

he was born in Mogadishu which means when he says the "country of our birth" he means Somalia which Somaliland is part of. The sheep gullible secessionist are fooled once again. he played a big game with that vague statement. lol.

Safferz   

Saalax;982541 wrote:
His close relatives say his actual birth place is Gabiley, Somaliland while his fake birth place is Mogadishu, Somalia.

So his actual birthplace was Somalia.

Saalax   

If he wanted to see say Somalia he could have said Somalia. He doesn't want negative association

with Somalia, so it makes sense he mentions his country of origin instead (Somaliland).

Saalax   

Safferz;982544 wrote:
So his actual birthplace was Somalia.

The ordinary people who don't know his family don't know if he was actually born there or

it just fake birth place. Perhaps he doesn't want to be associated with Mogadishu even if it might be his

birth place hence explains the withdrawal.

Hawdian   

I am just happy for Mo He really is one of the finest Uk athetles ever. Also proud we have a somali origin world champion, european and Olympic champion . he made such good progress from Bejjing to London. note: we also have Ayanleh ( what a great name) souleiman oo ah Jaboutian running the1500m .

Safferz   

Saalax;982546 wrote:
The keyword was. The ordinary people who don't know his family don't know if he was actually born there or

it just fake birth place. Perhaps he doesn't want to be associated with Mogadishu even if it might be his

birth place hence explains the withdrawal.

Well the keyword is "was" because his birth isn't in the present or future lol. Quit speculating and assuming he's trying to distance himself from Somalia as you try to on a regular basis, not everyone is as consumed by hatred for fellow Somalis as you are. The fact is that regardless of where he's born, his passport will either say Mogadishu, Somalia or Gabiley, Somalia.

Saalax   

How am I speculating when you can clearly see it with your eyes "Me and Hassan in front of the

flag of Somaliland, the country of our birth". :D Meelkasta Saalax baad ku aragta, cajiib. Mo

is proud of his country of origin(Somaliland) and sees association with unstable Somalia as a bad

rep, that is the fact we see here, it is the choice he made. You don't have to look for scapegoats

and try to blindfold yourself ;) .

Saalax   

Hawdian;982542 wrote:
No He was born in the somali republic A union

of two states but he is british of somaliland origin .

True like Cigaal once said "I was never a citizen of Somalia".

Safferz   

Saalax;982549 wrote:
How am I speculating when you can clearly see it with your eyes "Me and Hassan in front of the

flag of Somaliland, the country of our birth".
:D
Meelkasta Saalax baad ku aragta, cajiib. Mo

is proud of his country of origin(Somaliland) and
sees association with unstable Somalia as a bad

rep, that is the fact we see here, it is the choice he made. You don't have to look for scapegoats

and try to blindfold yourself
;)

That's the speculation I'm talking about. Did he personally tell you about how Somalia has a bad rep and he doesn't want to be associated with it? Does that not contradict everything we know about him as a public figure in the Somali community, one who is active on Somali issues? I was going to link you to two recent events that come to mind, the Somalia conference and the UK remittances issue, when I came across a statement he made:

“I welcome the international support being given to build on the momentum of progress in Somalia, the country of my birth. Unfortunately we are now just one week away from a new humanitarian catastrophe in the country. Remittances have played a crucial role for my family and the Mo Farah Foundation and their sudden cessation will have serious and avoidable consequences, bringing increased hardship, insecurity and instability to the Somali people."

C'mon now, Saalax.