Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

TEDxMogadishu 2013 Theme: Rediscover

Blessed   

2012 saw the rebirth of Mogadishu and the first ever TEDx event in Somalia. In 2013, we will reflect on the past, present and future, exploring the ideas, innovations and traditions that once built and will again rebuild this country. Peace has continued to take hold, children are playing in the streets, and the beaches are filled with weekend swimmers. A parliament has been formed, constitution approved, and a new cabinet of ministers is leading Somalia back onto the international stage. Every day that goes by is a historic day, and TEDxMogadishu will highlight the incredible voices that have fought against all odds to make this possible.

It is time to rediscover Somalia.

Stream here:

http://www.tedxmog.com/

Blessed   

^You're welcome..

LOL Abbas, I wondered why no body shared. Inshaallah, aniga iyo my galaan of shaah are looking forward to it. :)

*Blessed;975563 wrote:
^You're welcome..

LOL Abbas, I wondered why no body shared. Inshaallah, aniga iyo my galaan of shaah are looking forward to it.
:)

slightly behind the world are we?

abti, i posted this like two days ago, ma garatay? :P

as for this mashruuc, it's different but off a qurbo-joogian romanticist mindset.

Safferz   

Mad_Mullah;975572 wrote:
What tribes do they represent. Yes it's important to know.

No, it's not.

Looking forward to this -- it airs at 3am in my time zone, so I don't think I'll be able to tune in for the live stream. Hope all goes well without a hitch.

We need to know If it's a bunch of HAGGERs going back to their mothership (Xamar) or whether they're Somalis from all over coming back to rebuild the nation.

Safferz   

Mad_Mullah;975594 wrote:
We need to know If it's
a bunch of HAGGERs going back to their mothership (Xamar)
or whether they're Somalis from all over coming back to rebuild the nation.

They're not.

Mad_Mullah;975594 wrote:
We need to know If it's a bunch of HAGGERs going back to their mothership (Xamar) or whether they're Somalis from all over coming back to rebuild the nation.

abti,

don't argue with a HAG sympathiser. we know what they are but she doesn't. :o

Safferz;975619 wrote:
~10 minutes to go until they start streaming
:)
Yes, I'm still up so I'll be tuning in after all.

What's the streaming site?

Blessed   

^It's finished now - (edit) you can watch it from the beginning - http://www.tedxmog.com/

Alpha - always two steps behind you aren't I. I liked what Abdi Latif said about the 'know it all' Qurbo Joog.

It's always nice when we tell our own story. Dr. Aisha was the most inspiring speaker for me.

STOIC   

^AbdiLatif, is a sijui..wonder if Silanyo gave him a red carpet when he went to HiBF.hahha.He is reerkaa with Burco roots.. I haven't read his book yet, but hoping to pick it up soon