Sign in to follow this  
Naxar Nugaaleed

Cental Bank Somalia, pricewaterhousecooper and khaki envelopes

ElPunto   

^2 things - pledged aid and delivered aid are two different things. And if your own ppl are robbing your country of the moneys foreign donors saw fit to give you - you (Somali officials and administration) bear the primary responsibility and secondarily PWC for not fulfilling its mandate.

all you guys are side stepping the only question, we know what the Somali members are and are doing, what is the role of this firm however? They were brought in with clear purpose and unless they speak up and clarify what happened, they are part of the problem. Am starting to think shaqaalaha shirkadan ay meesha uu dirsatay in aad tihin lol

YoniZ   

If you carefully read both the recent article and the one in July 2009 Abdusalam Omer is the central figure - then the senior advisor to MoF and the CBS governor today.

There seems a fight between PWC and Mr AO. The reason - we don't know and probably will never know.

However, the lack of proper financial control system is clear to everyone, and the blame should be rightly laid at the door of SFG.

ElPunto   

^Not at all - Yoniz believes aliens are responsible. I just think we should focus on the Somalis there. But you're sorta stuck on the same thing. What other aspects of PWC's misdeeds do you want to explore?

YoniZ   

Naxar, No body is defending SFG here.

Two things need to be separated, the political side of disliking Hassan Sh and his government. And the rotten financial control system of the past three governments which PWC served/bossed up.

Yoniz, The SFG is irreverent for now as for as am concerned, Elpunto, we won't find what am looking for until they come out and speak up and they are not gonna do that if one, we are all saying SFG members and the media paints it as another corrupt Africans.

Jacpher   

^Yeah but you are stating the obvious. Who's ultimately responsible for dropping the ball?

And you don't fire a lower ranking operational executive alone when the CEO screws up real bad. It's the CEO that owns up the failure of leadership of the whole organization. In this case, you fire the top dogs of SFG who hired this lousy firm to help them avoid corruption. That's how it is done is real normal functioning countries but there is nothing functional or normal in Somalia.

this admin didn't hire PWC it was the Yusuf Adminstration. Also, what is more feasible in this situation, going after guys you are not more corrupt then the ones you are going to replace them with or making sure that the people who were supposed to keep them in line are held accountable. replace Somali leaders, I guarantee nothing will change. Hold the people you hire to keep them honest accountable and there is a good chance you will see. Demand you get what you paid for. in fact they should be sued for every two cents they ever got. cala kuli xaal, it seems like hitting a wall here so lets just let go.

Jacpher   

PWC doesn't overwrite this admin. The fault lies at this admin for not making sure PWC wasn't doing its job.

Sxb you're telling me if you hire a contractor to fix up your house and you end up paying twice as much as your mortgage with nothing to show for, he's to blame. Any sane person will tell you the house owner doesn't need to blame anyone but himself.

Somalis will need to own up this mess and work to fix the problem, not pay up some UK firms to help fix their problems.

sxb are you telling me If I hire you to watch my cat, make sure she doesn't eat the salmon on the kitchen counter and to call me if she does and you decide to not do your job, you expect me to pay you? loooool, something is in the water today, but unless am crazy, am perfectly in my right not pay you.

YoniZ   

Naxar Nugaaleed;966229 wrote:
sxb are you telling me If I hire you to watch my cat, make sure she doesn't eat the salmon on the kitchen counter and to call me if she does and you decide to not do your job, you expect me to pay you? loooool, something is in the water today, but unless am crazy, am perfectly in my right not pay you.

Well, what about if your watch man is only accountable to the donor of the salmon and have no respect what so ever for the little cat or her owner:-)