Sign in to follow this  
Oz

Champions League 09/10

Oz   

Fiorentina are a solid team with some very talented players, even if the performance was a bit crap there's no great shame in losing to them, especially away from home. :D:D

N.O.R.F   

I should never have stayed up. Rafa got it wrong in the first but trying to sit back and hit long balls to Torres and Kuyt. The 2 goals woke us up but it was too late.

Anyway, the next game will be away to Chelsea. Time to show them what it's like to play a decent team (too many easy games for them so far this season).

Oz   

Got to give it to lyon they deserved it :D

Lets look at Lyon's team

Lloris - One of the best young keepers around, wouldnt surprise me if he is at Man Utd next season

Cissoko - Proved last season he has talent and he is still young

Cris - Always has been a good, solid pro

Makoun - Talented Holding Mid

Toualan - Surprised no big club has gone in for him yet, AC Milan could do with him, the kind of player to rebuild their midfield around

Bastos - Was in the Ligue 1 team of the year last year

Gomis - Looks a powerful, Drogba-esque Striker, never easy to play against

Lopez - Like Gomis but with more skill on the ball.

These are good players and they are a good team, i was surprised at Lyon beating Liverpool at Anfield as i thought they would beat Liverpool in Lyon but that is football i suppose. :D

Norf; So you'll be facing Lyon away next week, and with Fiorentina playing Debrecen at home... it's very likely that you lot will be 9 points of the leaders. If that's the case, the only way you will be going through to the knockout round is winning the remaining 2 games & hopes that Fiorentina losses 1 of them. :D

Arsenal&Barcelona stunned :D

PS; fully focused tomorrow.

N.O.R.F   

^Saxib, our season is over. We are not good enough to win it so I really don't care if we are knocked out.

Just want to beat the scum on Sunday. That will compensate for the 4 losses in a row.

Oz   

After Rafa took Benayoun out yet he's been your most creative player in the Liverpool side last night, before Rafa made a shitt decision of substituting him off. The Liverpool fans were utterly disgraceful too. Instead of getting behind the team when they needed the most, they only made noises and boos & jeers at the Lyon's players.

The Lyon supporters on the other hand, was simply nothing short of marvelous, Their songs totally drowned out the Kop. Four consecutive defeats in a row, their worst losing streak in over 20 years. I will be extremely shocked if United can't emerge victorious if Liverpool played like last night on Sunday.

All in all, I still believe Raffa is a very good manager, he makes some strange choices but he's still a very good manager.

Oz   

I know they've been pretty poor so far but i think Athletico are a tidy side, if we go into this tonight thinking we'll beat them they may get a draw from us. We need to qualify for the Champions League as soon as possible and the only way to do that is by winning.

It would be nice to see Joe Cole get a decent run out tonight as we badly need someone up the wing, but i doubt he'll get more than 5/10 minutes at the end which is a shame.

I'm going for a 3-1 win...

Prinz   

I was laughing hard walahi when the last minute goal scored. We just can get tired of this losing mentality. 4 losses in a row. Wish Man beat us as well as this coach is getting a real crappy arsehole.

Oz   

Great job overall, Solid performances from most of the lads even though Essiens challenges looked a little rough. I was irritated towards the end that Joe Cole didn't get a few moments on the field, a 4-0 win against Atletico Madrid on any day is a great result - great goal by Lamps to, hope he doesn't have another brief spell of not scoring.

All bad for Atletico even though they created chances early, punished and once Kalou headed the second they never looked like coming back.

9/9 points. On our way to the knock-outs now surely. :D it's been a bad week for the Spainish teams in Europe.

WingA   

Liverpools season so far is laughable and i hope United get revenge for last season coz i dont know how they did it last year.. lool.. with a shake of the head.. ;)

Prinz   

Last year when we beat you with the 4 goals? as well as the otha top three ahaha...anyway its quite diff this season, we are shaky. Oz: awsume job for the blues hope you goin thru to the fynal. Chelsea is capable of beatin Barca for sure.

NGONGE   

Fiorentina are winning their game and it looks like Liverpool are going out (even though they are winning theirs too). Lets hope the French score a last minute goal like they did in their last game.

Barca are beating Inter and Arsenal are looking good again against a rubbish team.